Can anyone recommend a structural engineer, (or maybe an architect??) in Edinburgh?

(9 Posts)
SpawnChorus Mon 29-Aug-11 13:19:15

It's for a small job (removing a larder wall in our kitchen). We need a building warrant for it, as it's a supporting wall, but it's pretty straightforward.

Actually, can anyone give me an idea as to how much it might cost for this sort of drawing/plan?


Fiolondon Mon 29-Aug-11 14:16:33

Try Steve wood at David narro associates, or
Mark lawler at Harley haddow, or
Peter Elliot at Elliot & co.
All good engineers who should be able to help.
No idea about fees, you'll need to ask them.

SpawnChorus Mon 29-Aug-11 20:57:39

Thank you!

fairylights Wed 31-Aug-11 21:56:00

also there is a guy called Tom (I think!) who works for Homeforce who is an architect but also oversees projects for them and looked at something structural for us. I am sure you will find Homeforce if you google them smile

midnightexpress Wed 31-Aug-11 21:59:46

I had some plans drawn up a few years ago for a similar job to get a wall out in our old bathroom. IIRC it was about £100. Certainly no more than that anyway.

LemonDifficult Fri 09-Sep-11 21:31:21

Hmmmmm, if it's the same Tom from Homeforce that I'm thinking of, he isn't actually a qualified architect. There maybe two Toms of course.

But I think not.

pointydog Fri 09-Sep-11 21:35:51

You can get a draughtsman to do it, though. Doesn't have to be an architect.

Fiolondon Sat 10-Sep-11 13:19:41

Unless the draughtsman can do a structural assessment and calculation

Fiolondon Sat 10-Sep-11 13:21:42

Woops -
Unless the draughtsman can do a structural assessment and calculations you will need a structural engineer in relation to removing a wall. An architect generally would not do that either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now