Monkey Bizness

(11 Posts)
dawnymonster Thu 11-Aug-11 11:42:13

Have heard a rumour that Monkey Bizness is going bust - party line is not taking bookings any more.

Anyone know anything about this?

Cristiane Thu 11-Aug-11 13:54:41

it seems like you can book online

BrawToken Thu 11-Aug-11 14:16:49

I really, really hope so. It is hell grin

Groovee Thu 11-Aug-11 21:23:10

Apparently ALL the Monkey Bizness's have gone bust. Someone said that they've gone from 26 to 9 staff after they didn't get paid for around a month and that they're cash only on site. But their HQ don't seem to be giving answers and the manager was being very snappy when concerned parents who have parties booked were phoning to check if their party would be ok.

I'm convinced it's the premises as EVERY business which has been in there hasn't lasted long.

rookiemater Fri 12-Aug-11 18:12:49

I didn't know that, must rush to use DS's 3 months summer membership which I was convinced we would use but in fact have hardly been at all. I walk past it on way to work so I can report any shifty goings on.

Groovee Sun 14-Aug-11 16:29:00

Found this which was posted by the manager.

Hi everyone. My name is Nikki and I am the General Manager of Monkey Bizness (now Gambado) in Edinburgh. I would just like to clear up a few points and rumours that have been made with regards to Monkey Bizness going into administration and our centre closing. As of 10pm on Wednesday 10th August 2011, 4 Monkey Bizness sites, including Edinburgh, were bought by Gambado (www.gambado.com). In the days prior to the sale there was a slight delay in staff wages whilst the deal went through which meant we did lose 5 staff (not 17). This had some impact on the service we were able to offer to our customers and I would like to apologise to anyone that this may have affected. However we have now recruited and are back to operating with a full team. Over the next month we will rebrand and take the experience of Gambado as well as Monkey Bizness to create an even better play centre for your children. Please keep offering your feedback and if anyone has any further questions about our current situation please do not hesitate to ask. I look forward to seeing you all soon at Gambado!

danomu Thu 22-Sep-11 21:46:07

Now I understand why they seemed to leave so many broken (or missing) things without repairs. I feel quite bad to know that they had an unusually strong sales pitch for season tickets when the future was not certain. Hope the new management keep the place clean and safe for kids.

rookiemater Thu 29-Sep-11 18:02:38

MB is no more, they were taking the signage down today but replacing it with another name that I can't remember so I suspect it will be exactly the same but called something else, hope that no-one has booked a party there or bought a season ticket.

rookiemater Thu 29-Sep-11 22:25:32

Oh no wait I googled them (need to get out more) and apparently they are just remarketing as Gambado hmm wonder why they are renaming hmm as long as they stop playing that gawdawful monkey music it will be an improvement

Groovee Fri 30-Sep-11 08:40:17

The Gambado has 3 centre's in london where they charge £12 to play! There will be an outcry if they attempt that here as it was expensive enough

Groovee Mon 17-Oct-11 14:00:12

Can I point out I am not Nikki the manager and that I copied her post from another site where she had posted it under the MB Posting on there. I can't help with PM's on why MB went bust or any other queries I've had via PM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now