Anyone been to aditi yoga centre for pregnancy yoga classes?

(6 Posts)
ravenlocks Sun 31-Jul-11 14:06:58

What did you think of it? How pregnant were you when you started? Do you have to start at the beginning of a course and pay for the whole lot or drop in and out?

evitas Sun 31-Jul-11 21:57:23

I loved the classes. I started when I was 13w, unfortunately for medical reasons I had to stop at 26w... but many mums did it till the very end. I used to go at lunch time and the teacher was great. it is a really good way to keep fit but also to relax.
I can't remember but I think I paid in block of 6(???) sessions.

Good luck for your pregnancy
x

Bellebelle Sun 31-Jul-11 22:11:31

I went both pg, started about 12 wks. Paid in blocks but towards end they allow you to pay class by class so that you don't loose money by paying for classes which you won't attend once dc arrived.

Was very good but very popular, long waiting list when I went with pg2 so get your name down if you haven't already.

Hope you enjoy it!

PamSco Mon 01-Aug-11 10:34:47

I did a block of 6 in May/June (I started at 14 wks) and really loved it but the classes were a bit early a I work on the edge of town. I went to Nichola's class, she is a really good teacher.

I've moved to Pregnancy and Parents Centre yoga for pregnancy as it starts later.

They are different to each other, but both equally good for different reasons. Aditi is more yoga focused - routines of stretches and poses.

PPC has a more bonding and people focus yoga is relaxation based and the stretches we do are often tailored for issues women in the room are having and you get tea and biscuits and an hour of chatting after class.

I was really concerned when I first went to the class because I've never done yoga and I'm very uncoordinated. No worries though - it is gentle yoga at both classes, appropriate for pregnancy.

Hope you enjoy it.

ravenlocks Tue 09-Aug-11 19:54:13

Great, thanks everyone! 15 weeks now, and I am going to get signed up and on the waiting list.

Hoping it will help me with pelvic floor as well as relaxation and breathing.

Cristiane Thu 11-Aug-11 13:37:44

I found it OK but very tame, if you've done yoga before you might find it very slow and that it plays safe, to the extent that I left feeling a bit like I had done NOTHING. I got my course refunded after three sessions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now