Waiting time for Stockbridge nursery

(5 Posts)
MadameButterfly123 Mon 25-Jul-11 10:59:15

Does anyone know how long it takes on average to get a place in one of the stockbridge nurseries for a 6 month old? Arbor Green, New Town, Doune terrace (I forget the name of the rest). When should you put your child's (or should that be foetus'!) name down? Is it really difficult to get a place, or is it just a waiting game?

pleasethanks Mon 25-Jul-11 14:05:19

I think it is just a waiting game to be honest. I am in that area, put my DD on the list in Dec 10 for a place in Sept 11 and I was the second person on the lit.

mani83 Tue 02-Aug-11 12:48:36

I just sent an application off for arbor green for my son starting January, they r full untilnthen. Wonder years nursery had places but I'm holding out for Arbor green

eightytwenty Tue 02-Aug-11 22:09:07

We sent both DS to Doune Terrace and can't recommend it highly enough. Staff great. Very "outward" focussed - lots of trips to princess st gardens, botanics, festival shows as well as weekly swimming. We were on the waiting list a long time ago so can't really comment about that.

StarfishM Mon 22-Aug-11 11:37:00

I applied to Arbor Green in April 2011 for a place in April 2012 when my wee one will be 9 months old, was told there were 80 other kids on the list ahead of mine... but that they place infants on first come first serve basis 6 months ahead so their policy isn't really clear! Wonderyears on Inverleith Row has places available though and have an open day next Saturday (27 August). Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now