Can anyone recommend a double glazing installer in East Lothian

(6 Posts)

Hi, DH and I are looking to get our uPVC front and patio doors replaced and can't stomach the thought of some of the bigger companies and being subjected to a 4 hour hard sell!
Can anyone recommend a double glazing installer who does a good job for a reasonable price?
TIA

PamSco Mon 25-Jul-11 10:02:17

I use Lochinvar Windows and find them really good. I think they must cover East Lothian too.

Thanks PamSco, will have a look at them. had a quote from CR Smith and it was £4750!?

Groovee Tue 26-Jul-11 09:37:53

We ordered via our joiner our windows from http://www.mpwindows.co.uk/ and then our joiner fitted them.

We discovered the previous owner had installed the windows on the cheap and a lot of extra work was needed but the joiner didn't charge us extra and did a far better job.

ratspeaker Tue 02-Aug-11 12:21:57

We used Alba, based in Wallyford to do wooden sash and case double glazing for us.
I've been happy with the results and the follow up
I think they do upvc too

www.albaglassandglazing.co.uk/

I found that they'd come out to estimate without having to have both of us there which some of the "big" firms insist on, no hard sell for finance deals, and they listened to what we wanted.

They've responded quickly to any "snagging"

Lesley14 Tue 27-Sep-11 20:34:10

Hi I dont know if you got your windows replaced. But my husband is a qualified joiner with 20 years experience with fitting double glazing. His business is East Lothian Double Glazing and Joinery. His web page is www.eldg.co.uk if you want to have a look or get back in contact with me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now