Small Wedding venues in Edinburgh

(31 Posts)
cherrybug Mon 18-Jul-11 15:25:39

Wondered if anyone could suggest any potential wedding venues. looking at a small wedding next year (betwen 50 - 100 guests) and we are thinking of venues where we can have humanist ceremony, wedding dinner and evening reception (with dancing and band - which we will provide!)

We want something atmospheric, that either provides catering or ideally where we can bring in outside catering. We also dont have a big budget. Would rather avoid hotels if possible.

Any nice churches you can hire without having Christian ceremony or Fringe festival venues that are available for hire outwith August? Galleries? unusual places.

Thanks!

kittiekatnap Fri 22-Mar-13 13:22:17

There's quite a lot of different types of wedding venues that you may consider, ranging from castles, stately homes, function rooms, hotels and clubs, and some rather unique historic venues. There is a free web site called nicevenues.com which has many of these Edinburgh wedding venues on it. You can browse through the venues using a map, and filter by the type of venue. It lets you see where all the venues are.

MaisieOnthebus Sun 24-Mar-13 19:48:04

Sumama,

OP here! Well, we had our wedding - ceremony at Marlins Wynd with reception at The Rowentree. Marlins Wynd was really magical for our ceremony and all of our guests thought it was wonderful. We really wanted a small and personal wedding with people we care about and Marlins Wynd is perfect for that. I think because it is so intimate and atmospheric it just has such a lovely feel. We brought a big vase of flowers and put lovely scented candles around the ledge. I also made some flower garlands to hang over the pughes just to add a bit of decor. I found Lois really lovely and helpful and the whole ceremony went just as we hoped.

Hope you enjoy your day!

Also - thanks to everyone who gave tips and advice to me!

mrslocksmith Thu 02-May-13 10:40:01

If you have already booked then fabby however if you havent .... I got married nearly 2 years ago at " The Flotterstone Inn " just outside penicuik at the foot of the pentlands. They have a wedding licence and we got married at the bottom of their garden by the burn at 7.30pm at night. i had a humanist service and just over 90 guests. I got married there and never had a meal or anything but they did me a FANTASTIC buffet and the use if the hall etc . I also hired a lighting company and they lit up the burn and the "witchy bridge" and the trees and garden etc for me , BEAUTIFUL and to top it all off it didnt cost an arm and a leg. Goodluck xx

mrslocksmith Thu 02-May-13 10:41:02

GOOD GRIEF !! maybe i should try reading previous posts eh ?? to late but hey ho xx

HappinessManagerEdinburgh Tue 27-Aug-13 13:17:19

Eskmills is a good choice - it's a converted historic mill on the river Esk just outside Edinburgh. Lovely location and very affordable. They have a dance floor, in house catering and have some very good offers - especially out of season. Last year they offered free venue hire from October-March, not sure if they are offering again this year. Here's the link: www.gheventcatering.com/venues/Eskmills/

littleone23 Sun 04-Jan-15 18:27:32

We are looking to get married this year. We are having a very small intimate wedding ceremony but we are looking for somewhere to have our evening reception where we can invite more friends and family.

We are looking for somewhere to have a buffet and a ceilidh. We want to invite about 50 people. Any suggestions? Preferably ones that won't break the bank. I would love the Caves or Marlin's Wynd but I don't know how much it would cost. Any ideas?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now