Bright Horizons Morton Mains & Bruntsfield & Cornerhouse Nursery?

(9 Posts)
QueenOfTheAfterEights Tue 05-Jul-11 21:05:35

first time poster and am just looking for any feedback or experience re any of these nurseries as I am looking for a place for my daughter. Would you recommend them? Thanks

redwineformethanks Tue 02-Aug-11 10:33:59

Our daughter goes to Bruntsfield. We like it. Garden is small but they go on trips. Pre-school kids go to trips to Morton Mains too, to visit their garden

Magigi Tue 20-Sep-11 11:10:13

My little boy goes to the Cornerhouse (the one on Spylaw road). He's been going for just over a year (since 8 months) and has moved through 2 different rooms. The staff in each room are lovely and have been amazing with him. I can't recommend them enough! There is a really loving atmosphere to the place and all the staff seem to know the children very well. The manager is also lovely- she really helped me out as I had been let down last minute by a different nursery, closer to work (in hindsight a godsend!).

TheWicketKeeperIsDown Tue 20-Sep-11 17:44:58

My friend's wee boy goes to Bruntsfield and loves it.

rookiemater Tue 20-Sep-11 17:49:26

One of the Mums in DS's class sends her daughter to the Morton Mains nursery and rates it highly, surroundings are nice.
A lot of DS's class came from the Cornerhouse, it seems to be an unofficial Watson's feeder so that might be a consideration either for or against, dependant on your thoughts on future schooling.

peeoffkitty Tue 20-Sep-11 19:22:35

an 'unofficial Watsons feeder'. hmm

rookiemater Tue 20-Sep-11 20:48:04

Sorry peedoffkitty perhaps I expressed that wrong or something, I'm not sure what the hmm face is for, but it is a fact that a large number of children who attended the Colinton Road Cornerhouse nursery seem to go on to Watsons.

peeoffkitty Tue 20-Sep-11 21:07:28

I was amused by the suggestion that Watsons prefer children coming from the Cornerhouse Nursery. Apologies if that was not what you were implying rookiemater but it's how it sounded to me. I thought we were in London for a second.

QueenOfTheAfterEights Wed 28-Sep-11 22:03:03

Great, thanks for all the feedback. Still trying to decide so this is all helpful info.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now