Babysitters

(10 Posts)
skgnome Mon 30-May-11 18:29:51

Hi,
any one can recommend a place to find a babysitter in Edinburgh? would prefer reputable agencies/websites?
Thanks

Haruna Mon 30-May-11 19:38:55

For ridiculously over-qualified babysitters (e.g. qualified paediatric nurses making pocket money during a career break!) try
http://www.nanny-agency.net/Nannies-Babysitters.html
Not cheap - 10 pounds/hour, minimum of 4 hours - but all the people we've had have been lovely and the over-qualification makes me feel much happier about the necessity of having someone not known to my DC when our usual cheaper babysitters are unavailable.

skgnome Tue 31-May-11 10:31:00

great will check them!
and any idea on where to get cheaper babysitters?

Groovee Tue 31-May-11 14:05:52

I think butterfly personnel may have babysitters. Or maybe try the colleges for disclosed nursery nurse students who may want to do some extra money as we always had a jobs board at Stevenson where we could get babysitting jobs

skgnome Tue 31-May-11 18:36:16

butterfly does have babysitters, but minimum time is 4 hours, and I was looking for maybe 2 or 3...

I like the idea of checking with colleges, will check with stevenson... any other collegues?

BrawToken Tue 31-May-11 18:39:27

Telford also does childcare I think. The nursery staff where my dd2 goes offer and so did my dd1's after school staff when she was at primary. Not sure apart from that. Try Netmums - always loads of people offering on the local section (which is quite good, but the only time I venture on to that website).

rookiemater Tue 31-May-11 20:39:36

Can you set up a babysitting circle with a few friends www.mynightoff.com allows you to do it online.

What I have done is checked with neighbours who have teenage girls 16+ and maanged to get some babysitters that way.

skgnome Fri 03-Jun-11 10:58:44

I'm planning to do the circle of friends when DD is a bit older, my friends with kids have babies the same age so they're still a bit of a handfull

May ask my neighbours to see if someone has a daughter willing to babysit

beautifulbairnsdotcom Wed 08-Jun-11 11:39:44

what part of town do you live in skgnome? I am a former nursery nurse with an education degree from Edinburgh University and a fully enhanced disclosure form as I have recently been working with children and adults with support needs and disabilities. I used to babysit all the time but havent since having my son but could still get you the names of people I worked for in the past, Rachael x

capucinenskinautik Tue 19-Jul-11 11:52:50

Gumtree and Childcare.co.uk are quite reliable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now