Aqua-natal classes?

(9 Posts)
tiokiko Tue 24-May-11 10:04:03

Does anyone know of any aqua-natal classes in Edinburgh? I've had a look online and can only see one on Wed evenings in Portobello which won't work for me - are there any others running anywhere?

Chrysanthemum5 Tue 24-May-11 11:07:10

When I was pregnant with DS (so about 7 years ago) there was a great class that ran at Gilmerton pool - but I think it might have been on a Wednesday. And it was a midwife from portobello who ran it so she may have moved the class. There was also a class at Sighthill. Have you looked on the Edinburgh Leisure site? they list these classes

tiokiko Tue 24-May-11 15:01:39

Yes, that's where I looked but the only one that came up was Portobello. I thought there would be one at most pools, really surprised that there only seems to be one in the whole of Edinburgh! Will ask MW at the next appointment and check with Sighthill/Gilmerton in the meantime.

Thanks for your help!

katiemum Tue 24-May-11 15:21:33

A decent aquafit teacher will be able to accommodate you in a standard class - there are ones at Aisnlie Park and Leith Victoria several mornings a week for instance.

tiokiko Wed 25-May-11 18:32:39

Good idea - will look into that, thanks.

Civemf Thu 16-Jun-11 15:16:03

Hi, there is an aquanatal class run on a wednesday evening 7.15-8.15 at Queensferry High School run by a midwife. Good combination of gentle(ish) excercise and chatting to other mums-to-be. Costs £2.90.

martinaa Mon 20-Jun-11 21:01:38

I used to go to Leith Victoria Swim Centre (Wednesday?) morning, but I am not sure if they still do that. I was run by a midwife.

Eilidhsmammy Tue 12-Jul-11 19:03:02

There is an aqua-natal class in musselburgh sports centre on a tuesday at 7.30pm. it is quite busy but very good.

NigellaBot Tue 25-Oct-11 10:28:59

Just in case anyone finds this thread after a specific search like I did - the aquanatal class at Musselburgh isn't running anymore although it is still on their website. I phoned hoping to go for the first time tonight and was told it was cancelled after the NHS stopped providing funding for the midwife to run it.

Was really looking forward to going - bought a new cozzie and everything! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now