Ratton school

(6 Posts)
Osteochimp Tue 17-Oct-17 23:02:10

Hi, I'm relatively new to Eastbourne. I have been to three Open Days at Gildrege House, Cavendish and Ratton. Can any one tell me what it is like at Ratton? My daughter is 10 and at Bedes at the moment. Thanks!

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Wed 18-Oct-17 12:10:10

We're a couple of years behind you so I can't offer any insight sorry!

But I'm curious, what did you think of the schools?

Osteochimp Wed 18-Oct-17 13:35:05

Ok, so I liked Gildrege although it is clearly really struggling. The kids looked nice. I didn't like Cavendish because it felt cold and dull and I preferred Ratton to cavendish but not sure why - although I found both cavendish and Ratton a bit rough. I'm dying to hear from mum's whether they are though. It's really hard to get a feel for a school on an hour!

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Wed 18-Oct-17 19:37:10

I'm following with interest! But, it can take a while to get an answer here!

Might be worth reposting in Primary Education with Eastbourne in the title if no one posts here.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/primary

raisinsarenottheonlyfruit Wed 18-Oct-17 19:46:39

Like you, my impression of both Cavendish and Ratton isn't brilliant - but I'm aware that I'm judging that on not very much and probably prejudice based on how much they remind me of the secondary I went to, which wasn't great!

An aquaintance of mine pulled her bright DS out of Cavendish as he admitted he wasn't doing much work and the school wasn't challenging him. No idea how much that reflects on the school as a whole though.

Another aquantence has two DC at Ratton and really likes it, she thinks it's great.

Other people have told me that there's not much difference between Cavendish and Ratton.

I'm not sure about Gildredge. A lot of people have a lot of hope for the school and really want it to do well - but it's still fairly new. I've always had doubts whether it can really deliver what it promises. Are they having financial difficulties now?

I haven't visited it though and I suspect I'd like it if I did.

Brightyoungstar Wed 01-Nov-17 23:47:19

Is there a reason why you're not sticking with public school and viewing the state schools instead? Otherwise I would have said Eastbourne college or St. Andrews

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now