Moving to Hastings...

(104 Posts)
surreymumwithone Wed 19-Sep-12 09:28:31

Hello - I hope some of you Hastings Mum's out there can help me. We (me, DH and DD) are planning a move to Hastings from Surrey/West London and while I know that most people look on here for info on schools, my request is more for areas we can register an interest in with the estate agents as we've just come back from 10 days in Hastings and are a bit lost about where to avoid. A bit of background, DH will be commuting to London and has all of that sorted and I am a SAHM. Our Daughter is 4 and will be home educated due to disability and ongoing health issues. So we aren't looking at Hastings for work or schools, just for a lifestyle change and a better way of life for my Daughter who needs fresh air and all of the sensory wonders that come along with being so near to the sea. We love Hastings Old Town and had found a wonderful house, however as with most properties in the Old Town, it was next door but one to a pub and I'm just not sure we are ready for that with a little one. I don't know if it helps but we love the feel of the Old Town and Fishing Quarter, along with all of the roads at the top of West Hill. Obviously, sea views would be wonderful but more importantly is a nice area and parking as my Daughter is physically disabled and it would be great to not have to use a chair to get from home to the car. We are open to any area as we have no real restrictions and have a good budget for each month but we've found some conflicting information online about Hastings in general (from DO NOT MOVE THERE to best decision we ever made) so finding info on which areas to look at or better yet, which areas to avoid, has been impossible. I know that each town has good and bad and we aren't stuck up at all, its just worrying being blind and moving there with a child. If it was just the two of us, we would have loved the house next a pub and all that went along with that. I might be barking up the wrong tree by posting this here so if I am, I apologise. I'm just stumped. Thanks in advance smile

OhDearSpareHeadTwo Mon 08-Oct-12 12:19:24

If they were born in the conquest in the last 7/8 years there's a possibility you'd have seen her although she was on maternity leave in 2010 and is on mat leave at the moment.

TeamEdward Mon 08-Oct-12 13:04:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AGeeksWife Fri 12-Oct-12 07:15:27

Ooh I know your SIL OhDear I reckon and in that case went to school with your BIL but I haven't seen him since school and he'd likely not remember me!

BumFunHun Mon 22-Oct-12 15:22:48

Someone posted a link to a property on Downs Road-that house is pretty much opposite ours smile it's a lovely road. Near a very good school, and we've never had any trouble at all. We've also lived in st leonards, but I'd agree that I'd be selective on roads. OP I do t know how healthy your budget is, but there are some really nice buildings on Dane Road, Brittany Road - most of these are large mansion type buildings that have been converted-but if you're minted and could afford a whole building, then these are nice roads! My son still goes to st leonards c of e school, as I didn't want him to have the upheaval of changing when we moved-it's a lovely little school smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now