Starting a creative mums club in Ealing

(12 Posts)
retrodolly Tue 28-Apr-09 18:24:44

...for Moms of under-2s and toddlers.
Would you like to join?

Would probably organise it at my home (near South Ealing stn) to begin with.

Depending on what most of us wants to do - could be either:

(1) a Craftster meet (fortnightly?)

(2) a Writing group (all levels and interests: bi-monthly)

Most important it would be FREE
(people bring their own biccies, teas, material)

If 5 people show an interest, I'd get cracking...

HolidaysQueen Tue 28-Apr-09 18:35:46

Yes potentially me - I have a 12mo DS, knit and I have just started a blog to practise my writing, and I live not far from South Ealing station! I work 3 days a week though so not free every day.

retrodolly Tue 28-Apr-09 19:26:47

HolidaysQueen that's fantastic! - I'm more keen on a writing club TBH. Have started writing again (am published auth) and not finding writing clubs nearby, want to start one.

Anyway - Crafts or Writing - it would be once a week at a time to suit any working mums.

Will send you a message on how to get things going once a few more (4 more?) people have registered an interest.

HolidaysQueen Tue 28-Apr-09 20:43:44

Writing would be great by me. I'm really not very good - and certainly not publishable! - but trying to improve! Are you a member of Ealing 135 group? You might be able to use them to advertise to other mums and/or set up your group through them (members run lots of 'interest' groups and local meetings etc. and advertise through their newsletter or email lists)

Orangutan Tue 05-May-09 19:35:30

I would love crafts! But am only free Mondays at the mo.

AnybodyHomeMcFly Tue 05-May-09 19:51:47

Ooh yes def! I write some poetry (and am journo by trade) and also like arty/crafty stuff but haven't done any for ages so a group would be just the thing to give me the kick up the bum i need!

I also live round the corner from S Ealing station and have a DS 2.4 who's in nursery every day except wed and a newborn DD.

littlestarschildminding Thu 28-May-09 18:38:02

Retrodolly

Did you start a group in the end? I would be up for joining a crafty group..I like cardmaking, knitting, sewing, painting, fimo, jewellery making etc etc

Would be useless in the writing group Im afraid!

Am very local to you in Northfields

retrodolly Tue 02-Jun-09 18:05:00

Well hello! That makes 5 of us.

Sorry about the delay in replying on this thread. A lot going on with DD1 and little Bean (EDD Dec 09)...

I'm thinking of Monday afternoons - for a Craft group - to begin with? Suggest we meet at my place first and then gradually I'll find a proper venue if the group grows.

Would that suit everybody?

(If I don't hear from you in a while, I'll send you a message)

x

ZensBaby Mon 22-Jun-09 22:45:44

Hi retrodolly

I would also be interested particularly in the craft group. I have a four and a half month old. I won't be available too mch over summer as I am probably working (self employed so have agreed to go back but really don't want to). Anyway let me know details and perhaps I can dip in and our for a bit?! I am in Northfields.

Monday afternoon crafts is good for me.

murf Fri 21-Aug-09 23:04:19

is this happening now - i know a mum who would be up for this

comedymum Mon 24-Aug-09 13:56:32

Hi
I wouldbe interested too. What a great idea. I am in Brentford so just down the road. I write and perform comedy (when i get the work!) My baby due any mo. Would love to be involved. Also my partner is children's author so could be fun.
Great idea.
All the best Rosie

retrodolly Mon 21-Sep-09 16:09:11

Okay, here we go. For the first group get-together, possibly at my place in South Ealing, please email:

ealingwritersat_me_dotcom
replacing the "at" with @ and "dot" with .

And/or join at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ealingwriters/

It's all free.

For the first meeting- the agenda will be to discuss what we each want from the group and, possibly, to set ourselves some weekly goals. But also, to talk about writing and inspirations and books and lovely things like that grin... over tea/coffee... mmmm

-Shona

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now