Things to do in Ealing

(13 Posts)
Bonny1 Tue 26-Jun-07 22:18:08

Hi - I have put myself forward to add listings etc to the Ealing web site. Please add any activities, pubs, cafes etc or anything you feel would be useful to other mums in the local area.

RuthT Tue 10-Jul-07 20:36:36

Great Cafe's in Northfields

Skylight - light, airy, cheap but decent food. Great for sipping your latte and eating your toasted sandwick while the kids play safetly in the play area
Cila's Creperie - Good little outdoor area, cheap crepes which kids love with smoothies etc too
Roccoco- good little outdoor area and great sandwiches and coffees

Little Kickers - offers courses for the little ones - from as early as 1 yr to join in and kick a ball around - available in various Ealing locations and on a Sat too!

Bit further afield but great for a Sunday visit is the Isabella Plantation in Richmond - great for picnics, tree climbing, paddling. It's like a secret garden (all be it a very big one) within Richmond Park.

Barnes Wetland Centre - New outdoor play area, pond dipping etc. A bit expensive but good for a day out

Bunny Park in Olde Hanwell - great for a cheap day out - has the usual park things with a great play area and a mini zoo.

Snakes and Ladders at Syon Park- a bit tired but on a rainy day a great indoor play area which the kids love.

Kew Gardens - just fab especially with the new beach area.

The library is being done up and looks like it will be fab

Good for kids for lunch/dinner, all child friendly many with kids menu's -

Chains

Carluccios, Pizza Express, Zizzi, Gourmet Burget Kitchen, ASK (the one at Kew Bridge is particularly good)

More expensive but if you're celebrating

Ealing Park Tavern
Sam's Brasserie (Chiswick)
High Road Brasserie (Chiswick)

HermioneL Mon 16-Jul-07 21:46:39

hi there. I'm looking for a music/ singing group to go to with my 9 month old. Any ideas? I'm in W5. thanks

Bonny1 Sun 22-Jul-07 19:44:31

Hi- heard of a singing group based at Northfields Community Centre on Wednesdays called Jumping Jelly Beans and comes highly recommended by some friends. Recommended for 7 months onwards.

RuthT Sun 16-Sep-07 19:30:58

There is a great music class at Watermans in Brentford. It's called Pandemonium.

RuthT Fri 25-Jul-08 23:43:00

Pittshanger play group Fridays 10 am is good £3.00 first child and siblings 50p.

Also discovered the Craftworks shop which is good - also enjoyed doing the decoupage myself wink

slng Sun 27-Jul-08 19:16:47

Our favourite eating places:

The Viaduct Pub in Hanwell on the Uxbridge road - even has a little (indoor) play area for children.

The Drayton Court in West Ealing - enormous garden with climbing frames.

Onix - nice cafe in West Ealing near West Ealing Station.

Okawari (Japanese restaurant, Bond Street in EB) - they love our kids and our kids love their food. Only drawback: no highchair. But can sit on the floor at one of their sunken tables.

RuthT Sun 27-Jul-08 22:02:49

Any other suggestions for crafty places?

slng Mon 28-Jul-08 15:33:09

Ceramics cafe, west ealing?

Can't help there. We are usually crafty, up to a point, at home.

RuthT Mon 28-Jul-08 20:09:58

Yes but they only do ceramics. Last time we went she did a couple of stripes on a plate and said 'can I do another one please'. hmm managed to get her to do the wholr thing or it could have been a very expensive trip.

has anyone been to the dandelion play centre in chiswick grounds?

slng Mon 28-Jul-08 21:14:30

What is there to do for crafts? Stick, paste, cut, draw and generally make a mess - can do that at home easily. (Sorry not a creative type!) The only thing to add which people probably already know: you can get foam sewing kits from Wilkinson's in West Ealing! We are going to give it a go at some point.

RuthT Mon 28-Jul-08 21:25:56

Yes but it is so much better if they paint themselves and everything with thier friends where you don't have to clean them up yourself.

Ps I do do this at home but am not good when there is six of them

A & B Superstores on Uxbridge Road next to StSaviours does loads of toys and craft stuff for kids - v cheap too

slng Mon 28-Jul-08 21:43:17

It's true that it's better if someone else cleans up. I always hope that they get their fill of filth in nursery in the morning.

Pound stretcher next to Lidl in Hanwell is quite good too. Hobbycraft in Greenford also.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now