Notting Hill and Ealing Junior School

(5 Posts)
LondonMum8 Thu 26-Jan-17 09:35:48

Hello, would someone with recent direct experience be kind enough to share their view regarding this school? The senior school is by all accounts excellent academically, but how does the Junior school fare, particularly in comparison with top local state schools such as Montpelier? The ISI report does point out a gap between the senior and junior departments.

They also advertise an after school club running until 6pm, with staff potentially helping out with homework, and we are wondering how that works out in practice.

Any tips on the 7+ interview would be highly appreciated too.

Many thanks in advance.

keefski89 Wed 01-Feb-17 15:57:01

my daughter is in Reception so not totally what you need so will give our experience. She absolutely loves it and we have nothing but praise for the school. From day one we have noticed her learning and growing at a frightening speed.Teachers great, 17 in a class, no snobbishness, great parents social scene, good facilities. Only downside is I have to go on a camping trip with other parents and the girls in June!

After school club very relaxed but quiet. Plenty of computers and room for pupils to do homework or play. Couple of teachers on hand & all the girls look out for each other. Daughter genuinely looks forward to going (she is there a couple of nights a week). Can just decide on day if you need to use it.

Junior headmistress is great so I wouldn't stress the interview. They are really looking for girls that will fit in rather than any great academic stress for now.

LondonMum8 Wed 01-Feb-17 19:06:15

Thanks very much for sharing this keefski89. Just one question: how come is the class size just 17? I thought their target class size is 20 up to Y2 then 24?

keefski89 Wed 01-Feb-17 19:26:40

They sent out offers after most other schools so suddenly were left with a gap when people didn't take up. We had already paid a deposit on another school which we lost as we were determined for our daughter to go there (didn't want to take the risk of suddenly being left with no where). As such I know this year they have moved their offer earlier in line with other schools to stop this happening again so will be back up to 20.

LondonMum8 Thu 02-Feb-17 07:16:38

Makes sense, thanks again keefski89.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now