French school La Chouette Ecole

(7 Posts)
TheEalingFeeling Tue 24-Feb-15 11:15:33

Hello!

I am looking for experiences/opinions/feedback on the French primary school, La Chouette Ecole (on The Mall).

If anyone could provide any info, I would be so grateful as we are considering sending DC there...

Thank you so much!

LaureInEaling Sun 05-Apr-15 13:34:11

Saw this question a bit late but: my child has been attending La Chouette for the last 2 years, we are very happy with the school and the staff. It's a small school, but everyone knows everybody, she is always happy to go in the morning, and loves talking about her day!

recca3000 Sat 13-Jun-15 07:59:44

Hi, is it a primary school thought to age 11? The website says age two to six... Thanks for any info - good to hear you like the school. (Also would if work for an English child with no French at home?)

recca3000 Sat 13-Jun-15 08:00:40

through to age 11 (that should've been)

LaureInEaling Mon 29-Jun-15 13:48:30

No, it's a "ecole maternelle", so it stops at age 6.

There are several children there who do not have French-speaking parents, and they seem fine! The classes are small, so teachers can look after the little ones more easily than when it's 30 kids per room.

Also, each class has a French teacher and an English teacher. So Monday they speak French, Tuesday English, etc. The after-school clubs are held in English, as far as i know.

Verra Mon 13-Jul-15 17:55:12

Hi, I am also considering this school for my newborn. LaureinEaling, your experience seems great! Thank you so much for sharing the information with us!
How many kids are usually in the class? and where do kids go after they leave at 6? also, do they go outside and if so, where - there seems to be no outside area in the school? Thanks a lot again!

LaureInEaling Wed 22-Jul-15 00:04:14

My daughter's class: they were - iirc- around 12/15? (it fluctuated with some new arrivals), but the younger classes are a bit bigger. It's nice also because as it is a small school the children all know each other, even if in different classes.

After 6, it's quite diverse. Some go on to a "classic" French school (like mine next September), but my daughter's two best friends are going on to an English school, etc. Also in her class at least 5 childre are moving overseas this summer if I'm counting correctly.

It's very true the outside space is not huge, they have a small courtyard, but they do take them to the park, and do some school trips.
Honestly, we have never felt that our daughter was suffering on that side. They also have external teachers who come and teach art and dance, so the kids get to express themselves ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now