Ealing Council primary school consultation

(1 Post)
EalingConsulation Tue 04-Nov-14 12:10:39

I work for Ealing Council and wanted to bring to your attention a consultation that is currently running about proposed changes to the way over subscribed primary schools allocate places. If they go ahead, these changes would affect community schools only, so they wouldn't affect faith or academy schools.

The two changes involve giving priority to siblings when the family have moved out of catchment and removing the criteria that gives priority to children with exception medical, social and emotional needs.

We are expecting local people to have strong opinions on these proposals and hope to hear from as many parents and carers as possible. The consultation closes in early January.

As this is a formal consultation, I can't argue the pros and cons of the proposed changes with you here (although that obvs doesn't stop you from discussing it amongst yourselves), but what I would encourage you to do is to click on the links below and let us know what you think. It doesn't take long and your opinions really do matter.

Link to a press release about the proposals

Link to the consultation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now