Baby observation

(1 Post)
ClairP Thu 19-Oct-17 10:06:56

Hi all

My name is clair and I'm studying at the northern guild in Newcastle to become a child counsellor and psychotherapist.
As part of my studies I need to partake in a baby observation.

The baby observation is centred around the understanding the development of the child, the internal world of the child, neurobiology and the relationship between the child and the primary caregiver.

We would need to have our initial meeting before your baby is born, and then afterwards it would be a weekly appointment until the child is around 2 years old. It works out as 40 observations a year, so I need 80 altogether.
It's simple to think of me becoming part of the furniture in your home in terms of the fact that I would just come in and observe and nothing else.
I know it's a bit commitment, and although the same date and time every week is preferable, we have to be realistic when it comes to the practicalities of life.

After speaking to past tutors and people who have completed this baby observation, the feedback regarding the learning and the gift that the student can give to the family by documenting the first two years of their child's life has been thought of as priceless.

I live in Stanley crook and I'm keen to find someone in my local area. If your interested and would like some more information, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes

Clair

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now