School recommendations

(5 Posts)
Clair0707 Mon 13-Feb-17 11:09:28

*Hello

We are moving to Durham from Hampshire over the summer but I am struggling to decide on an area in Durham to settle and would appreciate any advice from local residents. Our boys are Primary and Secondary school aged so being in catchment for great schools is my priority. We will rent initially before we buy however I do not want to move them from the schools again. I have looked at Framwellgate Moor, Nevilles Cross areas but any suggestions would be a great help. Thank you in advance.

PotteringAlong Mon 13-Feb-17 11:59:05

Catholic or non-catholic?

In the nevilles cross area both nevilles cross primary and then Durham Johnston (secondary) are excellent schools. In the same area you're looking at st Leonard's as a secondary school which is the catholic school.

Clair0707 Mon 13-Feb-17 13:02:47

Hi PotteringAlong,

Thank you for your response, we aren't Catholic. I will have a look at the Primary school, the secondary school would be ideal for my son. Thank you. Can you tell me anything about the area in general please? We are due to visit next week but local insight is vital smile thanks!

StealthPolarBear Mon 13-Feb-17 16:59:36

Lanchester
ep primary
bedes secondary

Clair0707 Mon 13-Feb-17 21:11:38

Thank you SPB, I will look at properties in those areas too.

I realise there have been lots of requests for information....apologies that I am asking more but some threads are quite old and some areas and schools can change so much over a few years.

I appreciate any local info as it is difficult to get a true picture when we are so far away and cannot visit very often prior to moving. Being self employed can be a real pain!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now