Primary schools in Brandon area

(2 Posts)
Lynnsky77 Thu 04-Jun-15 09:19:16

Hi there,
our little son will be starting primary school from Sept 16 and the two schools in our catchment are Brandon and Browney Academy, possibly also Langley Moor.. Can anyone recommend any school in particular or should we move house..? ;)
Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.
Linda

durhamgirl Sat 20-Jun-15 23:30:41

My son goes to Brandon, it has had poor oftsted in the past but they have really been working hard to improve and it definitely shows. The school is a new build and has a swimming pool on site plus large playing fields and sports areas, even a pond. He is in reception and the 2 teachers are fab. The ratio in his class is good, 43 kids, 2 teachers and 2 TAs.
Browney in comparison is very small, I looked into applying there as the reception size last year was i think 13 kids. The building is very old and they have no field or sports facilities though. Recently they became an Academy which may have a bearing on your decision.
Langley Moor I don't know too much about apart from it is over subscribed every year and a nightmare to get into unless you live practically next door.

Hope that helps, any Q's just let me know smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now