Where to live and what schools in Durham?

(2 Posts)
acorn16 Thu 27-Mar-14 10:26:51

Hello,

I've just accepted a job in Durham and will be moving there in September with my 4 year old daughter. Very excited about it, but I know nothing about Durham, where to live or where to start applying for schools.

My daughter will be starting reception in september, so I want to make sure that everything is in place for a smooth transition.

Would greatly appreciate any advice about nice areas to live in Durham with a small child, nice schools, etc.

Thanks a lot!

babyhinder Thu 03-Apr-14 21:18:26

I live in Brandon and Meadowfield and Langley moor are lovely places to live I would say Langley Moor is probably the best though especially for schools I would recommend either Nevilles cross primary school or St.Patricks RC primary school I went to ST.Patricks myself and it is now an ofsted outstanding school but I have done some of my work placement to
become a Teaching assistant at Nevilles cross and it is also a lovely school but ofsted only rated it a good school. I will be sending my child to St.Patricks but he is only 2 at the moment so it is a long time away yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now