Any businesses, journalists or researchers looking to post on Local talk must pay a small fee for a pinned thread. On starting a new thread, please make sure you select the 'Pin this thread' option. If you have any questions, please contact your local editor directly or email local@mumsnet.com

Dundonians, Fifers, Angusoids and Perthites - Over here!

(500 Posts)
PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 15:45:46

Welcome to the crisp shiny new threadgrin! The old one was getting a wee bit stoorie and dog-eared.

Have done my best to list all those from the previous thread, though some may have namechanged since then... hope I've included everyone - apologies to anyone missed.

Klaw
Perigrine
mrspitt
FromGirders
clayre
fish45
ILiveinhope
dingdong05
LittleWee Pickle
jamtastic
littlepinkpixie
minipinkscottish
dizzydixies
PinkPussyCat
louii
Jennyfromthe Block
poppysocks
babyboos
kofiwan
Tigz1985
Newmum1977
asur
kam29

babybear77 Thu 15-Jul-10 20:31:05

hey all. long time no see...

shelley1977 Mon 05-Jul-10 19:12:14

Hi,im shelley and live in anstruther,fife.Im mum to 5 children and going it alone.

WitchyWooWoo Wed 24-Mar-10 11:21:15

hi, im emma and live in dundee with my dh and ds who is 19 months also ttc. would love to chat to other mums near me

Klaw Sun 28-Feb-10 14:26:54

of course you feel crap! sadsad

You did not expect to be pregnant so cannot beat yourself up for any thing you did or didn't do before finding out.

Also, you now need to grieve for the baby that could have been. Even though you didn't plan to have another, I know you would have been delighted to have this little baby but it was not to be. There may have been other reasons to so briefly have carried this baby, we just don't know that these reasons are all the time.

Stay strong, look after yourself and allow yourself to feel whatever you feel.

(((MiniPink)))

minipinkscottish Sun 28-Feb-10 14:07:30

Well I'm here....where is everyone? Really came on to get something off my chest and I can't say it on FB as to many people from RL on there.

I had a miscarriage last weeksad I didn't even know I was pg as we weren't trying and I am on the pill and still bf Abbie. Just after New Year I felt a bit "funny" and did a pg test...don't know why but I had a feeling....anyway it was neg and I thought no more about it. Then I got a bad case of thrush that didn't clear up with over the counter and so went to GP. She gave me a tab, pessary and more cream. The day after using the pessary I started to bleed and it got heavier and heavier. I am on a continuous pill and so have no period. When it didn't settle after 10 days I went to doc and she gave me hormones to stop bleeding....it didn't and the following week doc did blood teast and this came back with hcg level raised but low indicating mc. I went for scan....empty.

Now I feel so sad and guilty.....we had decided not to have any more babies but I would have been delighted to find myself pg...we would cope. Did I cause the mc with the thrush med?? Think sosadsad.....

Why do I feel so crap????

Anyone there...Klaw?

Klaw Fri 19-Feb-10 23:37:14

Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! coooeeeeee ;)

babybear77 Sat 05-Dec-09 21:27:29

Well my wee man turned 1 last week sad. Back to work in January (boo hiss). Only for 15 weeks at 3 days a week (but taking 1/2 day annual leave a week) so should be bearable. Then dunno....mum is coming up form glasgow to look after him. So that's also a relief.
Last couple of nights have been interesting to say the least. Won;t settle down to sleep screams each time i leave the room. Was nearly 2 hrs to get him down tonight. Urgh! He's usually sooo good. No probs at all.
Still b/feeding. Although going to have to drop at least 1 feed before i go back to work.
That's aboot it. wink

minipinkscottish Sat 28-Nov-09 19:42:19

Hey Jenny and Klaw....not been on mn for sooooooooooo long cause thought everyone else had gone but you're heregrin xxxxx

Jenny - your boys are lovely and Innes is a wee star...he did so well at the dancing the other daysmile Mackenzie is at nursery full day for 2 days a week due to his possible adhd and he is loving it. I think he just needs something to do every minute of every day......very tiring...not a bum to sit onwink

Klaw - great to hear your thinking of doing midwifery. I thought you might have been telling us that you were pg....don't know why...just had a feelingblush xxxx

Please come back to this thread everyone and blether xxxxxxxxx

Klaw Thu 26-Nov-09 21:23:24

Hey Jenny [waves]

JennyfromtheBlock Thu 26-Nov-09 21:12:53

Oh dear not been here for ages. Where is everyone?

Well things are much better for me aside from my hubby and me just getting over the dreaded swine flu.

My four boys are all growing up so fast.

Kyle(6) is in primary two and is such a confident happy little boy far different from when he started school. grin

Cameron(4) is at nursery full time due to his hearing loss. He has taken to his hearing aids so well (he has some funky red ear moulds) and is speaking so much and has so many friends we actually do playdates!!! His best friend is a girl and its lovely she just mothers him. He has a teacher for the deaf four days a week and a speech therapist one day they are lovely. The difference it has made is astounding i'm forever in their debt. grin

Innes(2) is our little monkey but turning into an independent little boy and is a brilliant big brother.

Harris (9 months) is growing so fast and is really good baby and just fits inour family so well.

And me well Bipolar under control for moment after a few hiccups along the way. But for now life is good.

Would be lovely to know how everyone else is getting on?

Hopefully we can revive this thread!?!?!?

Love
xJennyx

Klaw Fri 06-Nov-09 17:34:19

and I'm back again.... wink

life is pretty shit in klawland but I've taken up knitting and crochet again so been enjoying creating. I am about to get the bus to Kirriemuir to check out a knitting group this evening. Taking dd with me and her own little needles wink

Have started a Higher in Human Biology and am asking for a referee and trying to write my Personal Statement to apply to Midwifery School.

Other than that I don't really feel I have any news sad

dizzydixies Wed 14-Oct-09 19:29:45

babybear77 just let him keep eating them grin mine were practically raised on carrot & bread sticks and petit filou!!!

hope all well - back to work so haven't time to do much anymore sad

babybear77 Wed 14-Oct-09 19:22:11

could try...any advice on what to do with a ten month old who won't eat dinner but still eats crunchy carrot sticks and bread sticks?hmm

minipinkscottish Thu 08-Oct-09 19:13:27

I'm good bb77. Loving my new jobgrin ds4's 4th birthday today.....he got a bike and he had said he wanted one without stabilisers so dh didn't put them on to see what he would do and can you believe it he got on it first time and off he went...grin my little starwink

Maybe if we keep talking the others will reappear...hmm

babybear77 Mon 05-Oct-09 20:32:09

hiya mps! what on earth has happened to everyone? we're good. altho we;re having a few night waking issues...hopefully will sort itself out...might be teething related. howz u?
bb x

minipinkscottish Sun 27-Sep-09 15:02:09

I am here babybear....I keep watching this thread but nobody has been aroundsad

how are you? wink

helloooooooooooooooooooooooo where are you all? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

babybear77 Thu 17-Sep-09 20:48:17

where is everyone?

minipinkscottish Mon 20-Jul-09 08:14:48

Hey there Klaw glad to see you back....what have you been up to?grin

Klaw Sat 18-Jul-09 20:22:26

Hello!!! I have a new mac and am back on MN and FB and other webpages my old mac couldn't cope with..... grin

babybear77 Wed 15-Jul-09 14:04:22

cool. was speaking to breast feeding support worker today and she said similar. i thought who suggested a yr but 2 -wow. not sure i'll last that long! was just worired i'd dry up if i cut back and only ended up doing 2 or 3 feeds a day (or just a night timr one). will see what hv says on monday....she's really good actually but i think i'm just taking it badly! he takes a bottle or cup no probs so i dont think it's really an issue if i'm not always around to give im some milk. but it just makes me soooo happy to do it and am dreading the prospect of giving it up.

minipinkscottish Wed 15-Jul-09 07:27:41

Good for you babybear77grin Some hv should be strung up for all the nonsense they spout sometimeshmm

Abbie is over a year and has been on solids for a long time now but I still bf on demand as well....sometimes that means 3 feeds in the day or sometimes 12 or more. She is happy, healthy and so am Iwink

The WHO reccomends bf till at least 2 years so you go for it bb - you and your baby knows best..... and well done you!!!! grin

Oh and don't worry about work....I am back at work 3 days a week term time and Abbie quite happily has a bottle while I am away and on days off and in hols I feed all the time - no probs!!

babybear77 Tue 14-Jul-09 20:30:31

ok more breastfeeding q's. am weaning the wee man he's nearly 8 months. sometimes has early am feed (about 5) other times sleeps thru til b/fast at 8. hv has told me stop lunch bf he has a bf at 3pm a cup of water at dinner (5pm) and a bedtime bf (1845). can't bring myself to stop lunc and am really worried that if i go down to feeds a day and ultimately just b/fast and bedtime my supply will just disappear.
can't believe how upsetting i'm finding this! what should i do? any advice. i'm not in any rush as i won;t be going back to work until the new year so don't even have the incentive of that. want to feed for at least the year, but then maybe i'll be in the same predicament then? aaaaarrrrggghhh!
i don;t want to stop and you can;t make me shock.
bb x

dizzydixies Thu 09-Jul-09 21:43:04

oh no what a shame, we're very lucky as our dentist is very good with the kids and Dylan has been twice now and seems fine, DD2 is a completely different matter though grin

thats pants about the TITP tickets angry hope he manages to enjoy it and you get your money back

minipinkscottish Thu 09-Jul-09 19:43:25

Hi dizzy glad everything went well. Wasn't all that rain mad shock but I LOVE thunder (strange I know)blush

Abbie had her first visit to the dentist today and she didn't think much of it...hmm It must be a scarey environment for a wee onesad

shockshock Bought T in the Park tickets for my ds2 for xmas....from *official site* and got confirmation emailhmm - sat and sun ticket....then bought a friday ticket in May for his birthday from *official sit* and got confirmation email. Tickets not released till between 3 and 7 days before event. So last week Friday ticket arrivedgrin...yesterday still no weekend ticketssad.....cut a long story short...bogus and cloned website and no tickets!!!angryangrysad
Now have to get crime number from police and try to get my money back from credit card ....in meantime managed to get replacement tickets for ds2......so now skint too!!! ds2 was great and said he didn't blame me and said not to pay out more money...but he's still my baby and it was his xmas....blush

But if I could get my hands on these people........angry

Trying to chill now with glass of winewink

dizzydixies Wed 08-Jul-09 19:02:19

evening all, christening was fab, DD1's 6th birthday went well and we're all pooped now! hope nobody floating down the Tay with the flooding shock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now