Dundonians, Fifers, Angusoids and Perthites - Over here!

(500 Posts)
PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 15:45:46

Welcome to the crisp shiny new threadgrin! The old one was getting a wee bit stoorie and dog-eared.

Have done my best to list all those from the previous thread, though some may have namechanged since then... hope I've included everyone - apologies to anyone missed.

Klaw
Perigrine
mrspitt
FromGirders
clayre
fish45
ILiveinhope
dingdong05
LittleWee Pickle
jamtastic
littlepinkpixie
minipinkscottish
dizzydixies
PinkPussyCat
louii
Jennyfromthe Block
poppysocks
babyboos
kofiwan
Tigz1985
Newmum1977
asur
kam29

dizzydixies Mon 15-Sep-08 16:13:11

PPC was just thinking the exact same thing, I am now thinking she uses older dc as child labour grinwink

well done you minipink and if you have one of those watches that Harmionie had in Harry Potter please share on occassion grin

horrible over here now, at least it stayed dry for the there and back school runs

PinkPussyCat Mon 15-Sep-08 16:16:30

DDgrin

Dry here now, but all round keech-ness prevailing....

StormInanEcup Mon 15-Sep-08 21:08:20

Message withdrawn

minipinkscottish Mon 15-Sep-08 21:33:30

Don't know yet? Klaw gave me some ideas ages ago but I will have to look into it again xx

dizzy and ppc lol at you two grin

no child labour in this house - I wish - not even dh labour hmm just lots of lists and routines and the feeling most days that it's goundhog day shock That's why it will be good to do something for me...blush....to help others....but for me too IYSWIM xx

StormInanEcup Mon 15-Sep-08 21:52:28

Message withdrawn

JennyfromtheBlock Tue 16-Sep-08 18:22:04

I found the shiny new thread!! Hi everyone not been around as its been a bit hectic around here, plus my laptop broke so have thrown DH off his computer for some mn time.

minipinkscottish Tue 16-Sep-08 21:10:27

Jenny your little boys are so lovely and they seem so quiet and well behaved smile wish Mackenzie wasenvy

bobsyouruncle Wed 17-Sep-08 10:36:32

Morning, how is everyone today? My dh is home from his working trip to Wales sometime today, thank goodness! dd is at school and ds at nursery this morning, and my plan is to do some housework today and cook something nice for dinner. The idea is that dh comes home to a clean tidy home, a nice meal and a happy family. He doesn't need to know about the chaos, grumpy shouty mum and pizza, fish fingers, chips etc for tea when he was away wink I can cope on my own honestly...

bobsyouruncle Fri 19-Sep-08 10:57:28

I've killed this thread haven't I?

PinkPussyCat Fri 19-Sep-08 15:16:20

Don't worry bob!

<<sneaks in to save bob from being thread killer>>

Nowt happening here... Feeling a bit scunnered because dh working all weekend and not off again till the following weekend. So the next two days will just be like any other. Pah.

On the upside... It hasn't pished down yet today - wahey!wink

tamarto Fri 19-Sep-08 15:30:53

Hello everyone, i'm in angus and have three children two boys and a girl.

PinkPussyCat Fri 19-Sep-08 16:04:17

Welcome tamarto! Always nice to hear from new folks. Are you new to MN in general or just to this thread?

tamarto Fri 19-Sep-08 16:12:53

Long time lurker, fairly new poster thank you for the welcome smile

bobsyouruncle Fri 19-Sep-08 16:16:07

oh thank god! grin you have my sympathy pinkpussycat as dh works away and weekends alot, it's a depressing thought on a friday I know! My dh is off all weekend for a change, well I hope he is anyway he may tell me different when he gets home... The sun is out here but my sister, who lives not far from me, says it's pouring there so I'm not too hopeful of my getting my washing dry! Hello tamarto smile

tamarto Fri 19-Sep-08 16:20:29

Hi Bobs, my DP just came home and announced that he'll be working all weekend sad still the money is always useful.

bobsyouruncle Fri 19-Sep-08 17:15:23

sounds familiar, I too focus on the money to get me though it wink

minipinkscottish Sat 20-Sep-08 08:24:48

morning all and welcome tamatra

lol at bobsyouruncle killing the thread....no chance we're all here!!smile

going out to a friend's tonight for a meal and winegrin and no dc'sgringrin

missjennipenni Sat 20-Sep-08 19:26:05

Hello! Im a fellow Angusoid!

Already know Tamarto though (i think?)

Tamarto Wed 24-Sep-08 12:33:21

You do indeed.

How is everyone?

Klaw Wed 24-Sep-08 23:09:31

Hello All,

Welcome to the new Angusoids! wink Angus is cool eh?

I've been busy lately with my lady going into labour, a bit of postnatal work, Dundee Birth Choices and trying to declutter my house (not getting very far) Also my sis has just bought a new house and moved, so been helping there. Then I've been givign more time to dd, and ds has not been doing his homework so I've got to nag him....

I just don't know where the time goes.....

hope you are all well grin

minipinkscottish Thu 25-Sep-08 10:55:31

Hello Missjennipenni - cool mn name grin

Klaw - hello, nice to hear from you again xxsmile

Well my new Aga Rayburn is in and running but still have no kitchensad....I know it will all take time but I had living in a guddlehmm

Abbie is doing great - she is laughing and babbling and she even turned over the other daygrin

Mackenzie is going to get an early nursery place after Oct hols - he is 3 in Oct but intake not till Jan and he really needs something more than toddlers, tumble tots and ME!blush

DS2 (14) was brought home by police after drinking with his friends angry - feel awful as he has never given me any reason to worry - now I am blaming myself sad

Hope everyone else is okay xx

Klaw Thu 25-Sep-08 16:36:19

Oh minipink shock at ds2!!! My ds is 15, I've had the police at the door when another local lad had been playing chickenelli at neighbours doors, only it wasn't ds and he was threatened that if he ever actually did that or condoned his friends behaviour he'd be in big trouble.. he's the eldest of the lads in the village so he has an example to lead....

Am wondering when the drinking and girls will start...... hmm

JennyfromtheBlock Thu 25-Sep-08 19:56:23

Hi all hope everyone is well.
minipink quiet and well behaved i wish its just a front lol. No seriously its all the icky bugs that are going about thats floored them.

Well my poor baby has the chickenpox , he`s being soo good too bless.

Also my baby is not really gonna be my baby as i`m 13 weeks pregnant and coming back for round four!!!

grin

Klaw Thu 25-Sep-08 20:13:23

why will my child not catch chicken pox?

I really want her to get it before school so that she won't recall it and hopefully won't suffer too much either.

She didn't have any side effects from immunisations, hardly has any colds, so I've no worries about her ability to deal with these things [sigh]

Maybe she's one of these types who just carries the virus and doesn't go down with it...?

dizzydixies Thu 25-Sep-08 20:55:20

oohh congrats Jenny - hope you're keeping well and that your ds is better soon - nelsons tea tree antiseptic cream is fantastic for chicken pox if he skin is sore/itchy

minipink - am sure its nothing more than natural curiosity and now he's had a rollicking from the polis he'll wind it back in

am terrified about all that as dh is a polis and am pretty sure my lot are going to grow up thinking all of them are as soft as their dad hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now