Dundonians, Fifers, Angusoids and Perthites - Over here!

(500 Posts)
PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 15:45:46

Welcome to the crisp shiny new threadgrin! The old one was getting a wee bit stoorie and dog-eared.

Have done my best to list all those from the previous thread, though some may have namechanged since then... hope I've included everyone - apologies to anyone missed.

Klaw
Perigrine
mrspitt
FromGirders
clayre
fish45
ILiveinhope
dingdong05
LittleWee Pickle
jamtastic
littlepinkpixie
minipinkscottish
dizzydixies
PinkPussyCat
louii
Jennyfromthe Block
poppysocks
babyboos
kofiwan
Tigz1985
Newmum1977
asur
kam29

PinkPussyCat Sat 13-Sep-08 15:37:00

Haven't heard about Storytime dingdong, that would have been just the ticket for dh + ds this morning. They ended up going to the Antiques place at Abernyte, the natural choice of the 14 month oldhmm

Luckily for dh he fell asleep in the buggy so all was wellgrin

DD - What are you growing on your allotment?

minipinkscottish Sat 13-Sep-08 15:59:21

Well today wasn't as bad as I thought. DD1's friend came round this morning with her mum and they took dd1 to Noah's Arksmile. Went for a walk in the rain with ds4 and Abbie and then made crispy cakes with ds4grin - good excuse to eat chocolate because licking the bowl can't be counted as REALLY eating chocolate can it?wink so it can't possibly spoil my dietblushwink
Abbie has been a wee darling as usual - as good as goldsmile
But don't days like this make you lazy? I've only done one load of washing and I should have made the soup I got the stuff for yesterday but that's not done yet...ah well tomorrow is another daysmile

Klaw(shouting loudly) Klaw KLAW,,,,where are you?????

littlepinkpixie Sat 13-Sep-08 16:02:55

Hello people smile

My DH took my oldest 2 (5 and 4) to the thing at the Rep this morning.
He said it was OK. There were about 30 kids there. Apparently it went on a bit long for some of the younger ones.

PPC - your DH is a brave man taking a child to Abernyte. grin I have never dared, the thought of all the damage a toddler could inflict on that place is too much for me!

minipinkscottish Sat 13-Sep-08 16:06:15

I have searched mn for Klaw and she last posted on the 8th Sept and it seems she was awaiting on a call from a mummy about to give birth...in her capacity as a doula.

Good luck Klaw if that's what you're up to...check back in and let us know soon xx

PinkPussyCat Sat 13-Sep-08 16:11:20

minipink - That wasn't eating that was actually just tidying up!

Hello LPP! - Ds is a very good boy <preen> and not quite properly walking yet... so still able to do some of these things without having to get him out of his buggy. I don't think it'll be for very much longer though! Good to see you btw!smile

dizzydixies Sat 13-Sep-08 16:15:36

storminanEcup if yu're depserate for an allotment I have a top patch in the garden that needs ripped out so I can grow things wink

sodding horrible rain

tomorrow meant to be better - bloody better be, dh on an early shift so I'll have no car and cabin fever if we're stuck in

StormInanEcup Sat 13-Sep-08 16:21:32

Message withdrawn

bobsyouruncle Sat 13-Sep-08 16:24:42

Hi all, well I've had a good day today despite the weather! Dh has been spending time with our dc as he's off to Wales tomorrow to work for a few days, so I have been to the hairdresser - a nice long appointment which involved 2 cups of coffee and 2 magazines! Have just made chilli, as I'm off to my friends this evening for food, wine & a good catch up. May not be so chirpy tomorrow though, home alone with a headache and 2 dc grin - hopefully the weather will improve so they can at least get in the garden... Have a nice weekend everyone.

clayre Sat 13-Sep-08 18:42:26

The BBQ was cancelled, thankfully!

We had quite a lazy day, took dd to her dance class this morning then went and got some shopping then came home and pottered about, dd and ds have played quite well today so they havent needed much amusing which i like

I have caught dp's man flu so i'm going to lie ont he sofa all nite and let him get the kids bathed and in bed!

dizzydixies Sat 13-Sep-08 20:59:44

bobsyouruncle, I know how you feel, dh back on shift tomorrow so I'll have all 3 myself, please don't let it rain if there will be cabin fever and fighting all round - fingers crossed for dry - am not pushing my luck and asking for sunny!!

bobsyouruncle Sun 14-Sep-08 09:32:51

Feeling ok today despite the blue lagoons my friend forced me to drink last night grin no headache anyway, just tired but nothing new there! Dry so far, so hopefully my dc can play outside while I potter in my pj's this morning! May visit my mum and dad later, think I'll get dd to ask if we can stay for tea and pretend to be horrified before accepting grin What's everyone else doing today?

minipinkscottish Sun 14-Sep-08 10:01:44

morning xx i am bf while typing so forgive lack of capitals or punctuation....

today i am taking ds1 to swim training and then home to do ironing and to make soup....hope it stays dry so dd1 and ds4 can play out,,,then back to collect ds1 then home to make tea.....

hope everyone else is going to have amore exciting day smile

dizzydixies Sun 14-Sep-08 12:33:29

have only just managed to get dressed shock not laziness I promise just one thing after another including dd2 being determined to kill herself falling down the bottom 2 stairs, sigh. Please tell me this is a growth spurt or am going to have to get her inner ear checked - she can fall over standing still ffs!

at least its dry, time to pap them out the back garden whilst convincing dd3 to sleep

Klaw Sun 14-Sep-08 13:01:10

Angusoids? hmm mind you can't think of a better word...

I'm still awaiting birth of WBA2C lady, we go see her cons tomorrow, maybe he'll offer a sweep. She's only 40+2 today so I would advise against it but I can't give advice as a Doula so will have to tread carefully. She's been having lots of pre labour stuff so I'm confident it will be soon, not sure how she will be feeling. It will be good to actually SEE her tomorrow, as we tend to communicate a lot by text atm.

Dd is enjoying playgroup 5 mornings a week grin

Ooop GP is about to start, am off to see if there are any crashes/good overtaking etc.

PinkPussyCat Sun 14-Sep-08 13:32:16

Erm, yes I did struggle a bit with a term for the Angus folkblush
Nice to hear from you tho!smile

Off outside whilst it's still dry....

clayre Sun 14-Sep-08 13:53:48

dd is doing a paint your own teaset, who thinks up these things hmm ?

minipinkscottish Sun 14-Sep-08 14:50:05

helloooooooooooooooo klaw good to hear from you xx

i 2 am a gp fan - it was a great race xxgrin

dingdong05 Mon 15-Sep-08 09:47:06

Hey ppc, Thomas Land is in Drayton Manor park, and def worth the money. We spent the whole day there, and the best part was that J was big enough to get onto all the rides so there was no disappointed faces in our party
In fact he could get onto most of the rides in the regular theme park too- apart from the big scary ones!
The Fat Controller even came out to wave us off on our ride in Thomas, and he had the proper shape and every ting lol.

Hello storm! (what a cool super hero name ;) ) I am very about my allotment, I even got one just up the road from my house... (did I say I was ) Apparently the council have an obligation to provide allotments if there's none there you should picket! I'll fly in and picket with you! Oh, wait, didn't flying pickets become illegal in the 80's? lol

dingdong05 Mon 15-Sep-08 10:02:47

There's a page for this story telling think here
PPC lol at your definition of tidying up the mixing bowl... I concur btw
StormInanEcup no dig gardening?!!! I'm about to have to dig allotment over with some poo (probably- calling it manure muddies the fact that it is actually poo) ready for next year, so I will set my fork aside until I hear more about this wonderous thing...
Hey clayre, how old is your dd? Someone gave my ds a paint your own mug when he was 3- it's still in the cupboard
Klaw and minipink, what's gp? I simply must know, I'm feeling left out lol

clayre Mon 15-Sep-08 11:09:31

she is 5 dingdong, the set was for age 8+, she still has a paint your own breakfast set that she got for her 2nd xmas, i get the pleasure of putting them in the oven this afternoon and the paint stinks out the house.

dizzydixies Mon 15-Sep-08 12:14:34

dingdong - am thinking they're meaning Grand Prix racing but as am not a big fan am not sure!!!!

bobsyouruncle Mon 15-Sep-08 13:03:23

Well I'm at home with a sick ds today, although it could be worse, dd is fine and has happily gone off to school so I'm not stuck in with 2 sick children! I also had the good sense yesterday to do an online shop, so I don't have to go out other than for the short school run. I was meant to be working this morning though and had to cancel, hate doing that!

minipinkscottish Mon 15-Sep-08 16:02:37

Hi all

GP is Grand Prix - sorry wasn't meaning to keep anything from you allsmile

Have spent the day cleaning and listing items for sale on ebay....having a good clear outgrin

DH phoned to say he will be going to Fort William when he gets home from workshock WHY???? To pick up a part for his beloved restoration project in the garage.....yes ... a carshock Sometimes I feel that I come second to that carenvyshockwink....although it's great that he goes out there and gives me peace to use the pc in the evenings and of course chat on mn smile

minipinkscottish Mon 15-Sep-08 16:07:56

Oh meant to say my new hv is starting a bf support group here and has asked me to play a part in getting it going....very pleased as I am still considering training to be a bf counsellor xxxx

PinkPussyCat Mon 15-Sep-08 16:10:44

That's great minipink, good for you! There's no substitute for experience.

<wonders how on earth are you going to fit that in?>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now