Hello Dundee and surrounding areas!

(567 Posts)
Klaw Thu 25-Oct-07 22:34:04

Hello MNetters!

Anyone live local?

Tayside, Angus, Perth & Kinross, North Fife?

dizzydixies Mon 01-Sep-08 18:58:54

oh congratulations kam29 what an exciting time for you - I stay this side too, just over the bridge and head towards tentsmuir wink I have 3 girls, dd1 aged 5, dd2 aged 2 and dd3 aged 4wks smile

welcome to the thread!

minipinkscottish Tue 02-Sep-08 09:49:55

Hi there kam29 many congratulations that's great news xxxx

I live in Auchtermuchty so we're almost neighboursgrin

Went to baby massage yesterday and Abbie was so chilled out with itsmile. She is now 10lb 12ozsmile xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dizzydixies Tue 02-Sep-08 20:06:17

lol minipink thats great news

dylan is now 11lb9oz, was weighed today, but we did have a head start grin

also did my postnatal assessment thingy and scored better than with dd2 even after loosing my mum hmm

asur Tue 02-Sep-08 21:08:00

hi kam29*

*minipink
I just looked at your profile to find out how old Abbie was (nosey sorry) and you have 6 children shock You must love kids! Am also a bit shock that you still get her weighed, thought you'd be bored of baby clinics by your 6th! My boys have only ever been weighed twice each!

So, I went to Frosty's in Forfar for the first time today - anyone been?! It's really good and DS1 had a great time. Think I'll be making that a regular trip. (For those who haven't been, it's an ice-themed softplay place)

dizzydixies Tue 02-Sep-08 21:38:26

oohh asur have never heard of Frosty's but I'm a bit far from Forfar - will keep it in mind though smile

minipinkscottish Wed 03-Sep-08 10:56:41

Hi asur - yes I do love my family of 6shock but it is hard workhmm I love getting Abbie weighed and keeping track of her progress, I was the same with all the rest.....my anorak thing I supposesmile

Got bloody periods last nightsadangry....felt sure I was going to get away with it for longer....with dd1 and ds3 and 4 I had no period for over a year while bf...grrrr!!! Probably explains sore back and sore head last few days....

DID HAVE GOOD SLEEP LAST NIGHT THOUGH!!!Went to bed at 9pm and so did Abbie and she didn't get up till 5am and only then had a little feed and slept again till 7.30amgrin...better still ds4 slept all night and dd1 stayed in her own bed all night!!!!!!grin

PinkPussyCat Wed 03-Sep-08 16:07:08

Hi all!

Back from hols now <sigh> God knows what I'll do when dh goes back to work on monday, I'll have no-one to delegate tasks to!grin

Hi Kam29 + welcome!

Dizzy How is dd1 getting on at school? Hope she's settling in. Dylan sounds like she's doing great - lol at 'head start!'grin

Ooh meant to say - do you (any or all!) think it would be a good idea to start a new thread? We have a lot of new posters now, and this one must be a bit cumbersome to scroll through if you're new... Just a thought. I don't mind starting it!

Have joined a weight loss thread as I can no longer find my waist, I am so sick of the muffin top... going to do weightwatchers. Starting monday. Not sure how much I have to lose, possibly a stone and a half. Dh said to me, perfectly seriously, 'Do you think you should do a pregnancy test first just in case?' I gave him my best hmm face.

dizzydixies Sat 06-Sep-08 21:55:58

PPC dd1 is LOVING school, a bit tired between full days and her out of hours activities but loving being in school!

well done you on your weight loss - shall muster up the effort to start myself too soon blush

minipink envy of the sleep - we're still on 3hrly feeds and Im beginning to get tired now - esp as dh back at work

is it just me or is it getting a tad chilly!? first pot of homemade soup made today <<sigh>>

minipinkscottish Sun 07-Sep-08 08:08:25

sorry dizzy don't mean to boast.....wink...well yes i do...

dd1 slept all night at a friends last night....ds4 slept all night in his own bed...and,,,abbie slept from 9.30pm till 6am.....it wont last thoughhmm

hope you are welldizzy where are you klaw? how about arranging a meet?

asur Sun 07-Sep-08 08:48:49

minipink sux about periods - with each of mine I've had them back within 4-5wks despite 2-3hr feeds! I feel cheated!

PPC good luck with the weight loss - I like my chocolate too much to try that! wink your DH is very brave though - mine would have got a swift kick if he'd said that about pregnancy test!

dizzy it is getting a bit cooler. The wind yesterday was shocking. DS1 kept saying "bad wind" when we were out and he was really upset that his toys in the garden have been blown about! I liked it though - meant I got a few loads of washing done and dried in no time

DH is off today and he was wanting to go to the thing at Glamis but not sure if I fancy it now coz I don't know what the weather is going to do. We'll see...

dizzydixies Mon 08-Sep-08 22:10:32

glorious sunshine today - apparently back to sodding rain for rest of weekend sad

hope all well

minipinkscottish Tue 09-Sep-08 10:25:19

light rain this morning taking dd to schoolsad

where is everyone????xxxxxxxxx Hi dizzy

PinkPussyCat Tue 09-Sep-08 16:24:16

I am here

Hiding from mingin weather <sigh>

How is everyone? No news here apart from it's day 2 of weightwatchers and I am (amazingly) not even peckish! Off to make a special low-points curry for tea shortly.

Hope everyone is well!

(minipink how is your kitchen coming along?)

dizzydixies Tue 09-Sep-08 18:45:41

fecking rain sad got soaked about 4 times today - well thats my excuse for my hair being such a state today grin

well done on the weightwatchers PPC - I am a disgrace and considering driving to the shop for munchies blush

how is Abbie doing minipink?

minipinkscottish Wed 10-Sep-08 10:09:23

Morning

Abbie is doing great and sleeping all night most nights nowgrin She is 11lb 3oz so still a dainty dollysmile

Kitchen cabinets almost empty and work should start in next week or so - not at all looking forward to the hassle but looking forward to the resulthmm

How is Dylan dizzy - what weight is she now?

Where is Klaw?

PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 14:41:26

Hi guys

There's nothing worse than rain-soaked hair is there? Dries all yon greasy way.

Dizzy lol at driving to shop for munchies... sounds just like me!

minipink yes I can imagine the upheaval whilst it's being done - how long do you think it will take them to do? I'd kill for a new kitchen! And an Aga. And a KitchenAid. And one of those fancy drawer-style dishwasher jobs...blush Dream on lol
<sigh>

Well done to Abbie on the sleepingsmile

PinkPussyCat Wed 10-Sep-08 15:47:50

I have taken the liberty of starting a new thread!

It's here

See y'all there...!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now