what's it like in wareham - schools etc?

(7 Posts)
Pagetta Mon 21-Dec-15 16:40:34

hi, we're seriously considering moving to wareham - DS1 is 3 and another on the way.
What are schools/the area like? we sort of know it as a pretty town with a great deli (salt pig!) but not spent lots of time there!
Anyone spent mat leave living in that area?

pink90 Sun 27-Dec-15 21:38:28

It's very nice, good schools and easy access to bigger places but also to coast. Friendly place with lots to get involved in if you want to

Wareham123 Mon 04-Jan-16 20:31:51

Hi, I love living in Wareham. I grew up there and then moved away as an adult. My husband and I moved back 5 years ago as we think it is the ideal place to raise a family (I was reluctant as I felt I handn't flown far from the nest but I loved my childhood and wanted similar for my son). Pros- Town centre is pretty, train from Weymouth to London, fab public sports centre with swimming pool, good schools all ages (no rough one that you want to avoid, I would happily send my son to any), forest and common great for walking, good pubs and restaurants, nice play schools, community feel, in the summer there is a community party every Wed evening on the Quay, lots of towns within 30min, close to lots of nice beaches. Cons- nightlife is quiet, basic supermarkets, no clothes shops, traffic is bad in the summer as people head to the beach. Hope it helps.

Pagetta Mon 04-Jan-16 21:46:39

Ah thanks so much - we are literally just about to reserve new house there so that's a really timely reply!
Been warned about traffic but I work right by bmth station so in summer can hop on train to work!
Great to know about schools though - we're really excited! Went for a walk along the walls the other day it's all just so lovely!

Wareham123 Mon 04-Jan-16 22:25:06

Traffic is only bad when the sun is out smile So weird as we reserved a house yesterday! Westgate?

Pagetta Tue 05-Jan-16 09:29:47

ha ha yes! see you there :-p

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 05-Jan-16 09:32:45

It's lovely, my DC's do lots of clubs at the sports centre, we live in a village about 6 miles away.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now