Moving from the U.S., please advise!!!

(3 Posts)
Fischka3 Wed 27-May-15 22:40:15

Hello! We are planning to move to Bournemouth or surrounding areas from the U.S. sometime in September/October 2015. I would greatly appreciate your advice on the choice of 1) secondary schools for a 16-year-old and a 13-year-old 2) areas to rent--affordable, safe 3) hospitals to work for--I'm a nurse and will eventually be looking for a job. 4) good nurseries for a toddler We won't have a car at first and I was wondering if it is manageable to get around without a car for some time. Is public transportation good? We are flexible with the location and open to other choices around Bournemouth/Poole. Thank you!

poundburyprincess Thu 02-Jul-15 22:00:43

I wonder how your search is going? I used to live in Bournemouth and Westbourne is lovely but maybe very pricey. There are grammar schools in the area and Poole ones are very good. Public transport links are very good.

SieBa Fri 17-Jul-15 19:30:32

The grammar schools in Bournemouth and Poole are good, but are single sex and are selective. On the Poole side and there are other good mixed secondaries, including Lytchett Minster and St Edwards. Not sure about Bournemouth. Nurseries vary by area and can be quite booked up, so it will depend on availability too - I think you will find something that works for you once you have picked your preferred area to live. As for work, two busy hospitals in Bournemouth and Poole...you might find the link useful. www.jobs.nhs.uk/advice/overseas_cand.html Good luck with it all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now