LOST teddy in Lyme Regis. Can anyone help?

(6 Posts)
ket015 Tue 05-May-15 20:14:33

Horror of horrors. Son has lost his favourite teddy and best friend!

We were staying in a flat in Lyme Regis in Ozone Terrace near the Cobb. As we packed the car up on Bank Holiday Monday morning my son played hide and seek with the toy in the front garden and hid him in a bush!

We spent the rest of the day on Lyme Regis beach and came back to the garden at around 5:30pm to reclaim the toy once we realised he was missing, but he had gone! He was quite well hidden in the bush so we are desperately hoping someone found him and have kept him safe for us!

The toy is a Jelllycat brand soft toy of a lion. His name is DeeDee - not that it's relevant but he really is like a member of our family and I miss him terribly too :-( As you can imagine we have one extremely distressed little boy who is blaming himself for the loss of his best friend. Where could he be!?

I have attached a photo.

If anyone can keep an eye out for him that would be amazing. I just don't get where he's gone. It was a pretty dense bush in a private garden!?

Please SHARE #finddeedee

LocalEditorDorset Wed 06-May-15 10:40:35

Hello, oh no that is so sad! We know how precious the cuddly toys are to little ones.

We will share this on social media for you. Hope you get him back X

ket015 Wed 06-May-15 20:01:50

Thank you. The local newspaper have offered to run a story on it highlighting the teddy bear shop in Lyme Regis where people can take toys they have found and then be reunited with owners! Such a good idea :-)

JulieBDorset Thu 25-Jun-15 22:27:39

Is this DeeDee?

LocalEditorDorset Thu 25-Jun-15 22:40:44

Thank you Julie, hope this is the one!

ket015 Fri 26-Jun-15 11:03:24

Oh dear. Sadly not - that one looks more like a mouse than a lion? But please do take it to Alice's Teddy Bear shop so that the real owner might find it! Many thanks for taking the time to post it :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now