Moving to Highcliffe on Sea

(2 Posts)
Elizabeth4567 Sat 06-Dec-14 22:06:15

Hello. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how they feel about living in Highcliffe? I have a 3 year old and am looking to move into the catchment. I've looked at 15 schools and totally love the primary there. My grandparents retired there. I've spoken to them so I know that there is a very high retired population, which isn't a problem at all. They are able to tell me what's going on for their age group. Could anyone give me advice for what the town is like for young families? Any advice would be appreciated!

LocalEditorDorset Fri 12-Dec-14 18:06:00

Hello,

I don't live in Highcliffe but i'm close by in Mudeford. I have lived here 10 years and it's a lovely area. My teenagers went/go to the secondary school there and agree the primary is very popular. I have heard the preschools there are very good too. The area like Mudeford does have a lot of older people but there are a lot more families than ever before, probably because the schools are so good and the area is lovely. The beaches are close by and the play parks are good too, I would recommend it as a lovely area to bring up children.

Mudeford Quay is popular for crabbing and watersports. There is a lovely beach at Friars cliff and a nature walk at Steamer point. Swimming lessons/leisure centres are within 10 minutes driving distance. I would say it is an area where driving would be useful, although there is a bus route.

Christchurch is the main town, Highcliffe does have a high street but only contains smaller shops although does have a Co-op and Tesco Express. They also have a annual Christmas carnival (tomorrow) and this is very popular.

Any more questions then please ask and I will help if I can.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now