Corfe Mullen

(7 Posts)
cutler13 Mon 07-Jul-14 09:45:05

Hi smile
Does anyone know of any groups in and around corfe Mullen? We are due to move from Westbourne in about a month but I'm not too familiar with the area!
Haven't lived in Bournemouth long and have no friends here, especially ones with children, I'm 20 so all my friends are off partying and my interested in soft play areas funnily enough!
Can anyone reccomend any groups/meets ups?
Thanks smile

StrollAlongTheProm Mon 07-Jul-14 10:41:17

Hi,

Jo Jingles run classes in Corfe Mullen and Broadstone.

There's also the Children's Centre which has Stay and Play and Rhyme Time in the library.

If you're happy to go out a bit out of Corfe Mullen there are some toddler groups in Broadstone-here and here.

Also a Baby Sensory Class in Broadstone for up to 13 months.

The local churches will be a good place to look for toddler groups locally. The Junction in Broadstone also has a range of activities for all ages.

I hear there is a great cake shop in Corfe Mullen too. smile

Good luck with the move. thanks

snorris Mon 07-Jul-14 11:26:13

Corfe Mullen's lovely (but I am biased wink). My children are past the toddler group stage so not too sure about that but I have a friend who is a childminder so will ask her. The cake shop is great for supplies, we also have a nice coffee shop which is very reasonably priced. Wimborne is also within easy reach, I think there's a few groups there too.

cutler13 Mon 07-Jul-14 13:11:40

Thanks for the replies ! I was searching the internet and didn't know what classes were current etc, sot that's really helpful! smile
I'm loving the cake/ coffee shop update, that is always useful! ;)
Snorris, what schools are your little ones going to? I think my little girl will be Springdale. What pre schools are good in the area? Sorry, picking your brains!

snorris Mon 07-Jul-14 16:13:09

I've got one at Henbury View - very popular though so unlikely to get in unless in catchment. Springdale would have been my second choice though! I also have two at Lockyer's Middle, there are very mixed opinions on it but my children and I have always been happy with it.

Tadpoles preschool is good, it's within Henbury View but independent from the school. The Children's House in the grounds of Rushcombe school is popular, I think that's a Montessori. I think there is also one at the Chapel in the Valley which is near Lockyer's middle school. I guess some of it will depend on whereabouts in CM you'll be living and whether you have a car.

LibbyMoo Thu 16-Oct-14 22:22:16

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

aliceindorset Fri 31-Oct-14 14:15:41

There's a brilliant directory on Dorset For You where you can search for P&T groups, activities, childcare: www.dorsetforyou.com/fis/search smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now