Moving from Kent

(3 Posts)
Kentishgirl78 Sat 15-Feb-14 23:37:58

We are a family currently living in Kent. My husbands job is relocating to Salisbury and he just been told he only has one year instead of the two years notice originally advised so we now need to make a decision!

Is there any areas that anyone can recommend? We're thinking North East Dorset. We have 3 daughters aged 7, 3, & 2 so local schools & amenities are important to us.

My husband is happy to travel up to 30 miles. We have found a few towns & villages we like the look of but there is so much to take into consideration we just can't decide what to do.

Any opinions/advice would be greatly appreciated by anyone living in this area.

Thanks.

theWookiesWife Sun 16-Feb-14 09:44:35

I did the move from Kent to Dorset 18 years ago and am really settled now ! it's lovely down here !! we are on south side - Salisbury is about an hour away from me - so I can't help with the relocation question - but wanted to reassure you that's it's a fab place to end up !! and Salisbury is fantastic for shopping and eating out !!!!

hantsforestmum Sun 23-Feb-14 13:16:00

Hi. The Dorset, Wiltshire, Hants borders offer a great variety. You might want to look at Downton and Fordingbridge, Ringwood (just south of Salisbury), Alderholt, Damerham, Sandleheath or Cranbourne in Dorset. Wilton to the west of Salisbury is nice. All these are convenient for Salisbury and not too far to access the coast, New Forest, great areas for family living. Lots of nice walks and pubs and not far from good shopping in Salisbury, Southampton and Bournemouth. There is a good choice of schools for these villages, including private if you are interested/can afford. North and East of Salisbury gets a bit too rural for my liking but that's just me. Happy house hunting!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now