automatic driving instructors (recommendation)

(1 Post)
scoobydoo1971 Wed 08-Nov-17 18:11:53

I am learning to drive a bit later than average. I have had about 50 hours tuition and I am confident with the basics - steering, roundabouts, dual carriageways etc. However, my driving instructor is not very good at his job - a lot of his students fail, and he has only started me on reverse maneuvers 2 weeks before my test is due. He refuses to allow me to anything but go round and around...it is now very boring and I am very worried about doing the test as I do not feel well-equipped. If you do something wrong, he turns into a cross between David Brent and Basil Fawlty and just snarls about how terrible you are...totally not suited to the job. I stuck with him thinking everything will get better in time, but he has cost me a fortune, been so rude and I feel nervous to be in the car with him. When he is feeling calm he admits I am an ok driver.

Can anyone recommend someone who is good and local to South Devon. I am desperate to get a car as we live in the rural area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now