Moving to Bampton area

(4 Posts)
RumpetaRumpeta Tue 10-Oct-17 19:16:21

Hiya all,

Moving near Bampton next month, and wondering what people do for nurseries for under-2s? The closest one I can find is in Tiverton - surely that can't be right?! Does anyone know of a nursery in Bampton that isn't the 2yo+ one attached to the school?

Also, any recommendations for local toddler groups would be warmly welcomed!

littlepinkgiraffe Wed 11-Oct-17 18:42:50

I've had a quick search for you and can't find any - there may be some childminders but doesn't seem to be any nurseries. There are some childminders registered in Stoodleigh which is a bit closer than Tiv.

Bampton is fairly small - it should only take 15 mins or so to get to Tiv if you drive though and there are some fab nurseries in Tiv.

Again, not sure about toddler groups in Bampton but there are loads in Tiv.

RumpetaRumpeta Thu 12-Oct-17 20:42:31

Oh that's really sweet of you to have looked littlepink, thank you! Yes I thought maybe I might look into childminders, but I really prefer the more formal nursery type setting. I have already visited one nursery in Tiverton and did quite like it - it would be quite a change for us to have a 15-minute drive though, as currently nursery is just a 3-minute walk up the road! Which nurseries would you recommend in Tiverton? smile

piperhick Tue 17-Oct-17 13:48:01

Not sure where you have already visited but I would have no hesitation in recommending Sandcastles Nursery which is near the centre of Tiverton within the grounds of Castle Primary School. My granddaughter went there from baby room to toddler room and pre-school. I collected her every day and she was so happy there. The staff are experienced, have worked there a long time and are caring and friendly. I am not on their payroll by the way, I worked at a (different) playgroup for a long time and I just felt that Sandcastles was really good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now