Teignmouth

(8 Posts)
Judemumof4 Tue 03-Jan-17 21:03:50

Looking at places to live and considering Sidmouth and Teignmouth as I would love to be near the beach but children at school in Exeter. Can anyone tell me what Teignmouth as a permanent home and how long it takes to drive to Exeter at school run time? My children are teenagers. Any comments gratefully received!

Judemumof4 Tue 03-Jan-17 21:04:50

Sorry meant to type what Teignmouth is like to live in as a permanent home and same re Sidmouth!

FlamingoPrincess1212 Sat 08-Jul-17 21:29:25

Sidmouth is harder to get to Exeter even though it's slightly nearer I think. Both very nice. Sidmouth more expensive iirc and I think teignmouth has a lot of teens.
What schools are dcs at?

makingachangetoday Sat 08-Jul-17 21:34:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Cintacmrs Tue 11-Jul-17 20:45:53

Teignmouth - Hubby commutes to exeter daily.
There is a surf club for all ages the skate park is good place and nice kids etc

penny4321boom Fri 14-Jul-17 13:14:16

Teignmouth would be the better option for getting to Exeter and it is a nice place to live. Easy access to lots of lovely places to visit and stuff to do

Elderberry9361 Sun 16-Jul-17 14:31:56

I agree about Teignmouth being the better option. We looked at Exmouth and Sidmouth first then fell in love with Teignmouth. Woods meet ocean. Good train service to Exeter (my daughter goes to college there and loves it). We also have a small Waitrose! Good luck with your search.

Pilateslady66 Sat 11-Nov-17 15:31:45

Hi all. Really interested in this thread on Teignmouth. Does here live in Teignmouth? We are looking to move early next year and would like to know good areas to buy a house in Teignmouth. And anyone have kids at the primary community school or hazeldown school? And any experience of the secondary community school on exeter road. We already love Teignmouth but always bit scary when moving Kids! They are 7 and 10. Many thanks. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now