Pregnant or New Mums??

(13 Posts)
RightbesideYou Sat 27-Sep-08 12:49:42

Hi
I'm new to mumsnet, having only used netmums before, (am I allowed to say that round here?) I have an 8 month old so looking to chat to some other local Mums, I'm in Burton on Trent.
I'm also a birth & postnatal doula and I'm doing lots of work at the moment free or reduced so anyone local may be able to benefit so please do check my website if you think this may apply
www.rightbesideyou.co.uk

Look forward to chatting to some of you soon

Stace

JODIEhadababy Sat 27-Sep-08 13:21:27

Hi, I'm just outside Burton, near Lichfield. Welcome to Mumsnet!!

I have 2 DS's DS1 is 2 and DS2 is 12 weeks...

RightbesideYou Sat 27-Sep-08 14:36:16

Hi Jodie
Sounds like you have your hands full, I am broody again already but not sure I could cope with 2 so close

JODIEhadababy Sat 27-Sep-08 20:09:39

It's OK, hard work, but DS2 has to fit in, DS1 is going through the terrible twos at the moment, but I'm learning to ignore him now, either that or distration!

So is your little one a boy or girl? How you finding it?

RightbesideYou Sun 28-Sep-08 02:59:26

He's a boy, Louis. I'm loving being a Mum, it's literally changed my life! Such a cliche I know but so true, can't believe how much has changed in a year. My SMP has just ran out and I am redundant from my old job as of Monday so back to reality and need to start working again now but its all exciting times with the new business

MissusH Sun 28-Sep-08 07:23:07

Hi Rightbesideyou & Jodie

I too am just outside Burton - near Swadlincote. It's nice to see some locals grin. Although (whispers) am not really local - moved up here from Coventry 6 years ago...

My dd is 6 and DC#2 is due today (which is probably why I am up so bloomin' early! Quite a big age gap, but dd seems ok so far - will see how that changes when LO arrives!!!

Am off to have a nose at your website now, RBY...

RightbesideYou Sun 28-Sep-08 09:51:11

Wow, how exciting MissusH, you must keep us posted. Any signs yet?? Was dd on time??

I run a voluntary group in the area so if anyone wants to check out our facebook page and be notified of our 'meet ups', feel free to have a nose. You don't have to go to any of course but always nice to have a chat to other local mums I thought. Have done 3 meets so far, was scary but quite successful I think lol

http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=23868948385

Stace

JODIEhadababy Sun 28-Sep-08 12:22:51

OOOH Missush How exciting... Love new babies (although not having anymore of my own wink)

Rightbesideyou I know, it's funny how much your out look changes and how you prioritise things now isn't it!!! When I was pregnant with Oliver (DS1) I was so scared of missing out on nights out and becoming a mummy would mean the end of me as a person, but it's not the case. Although I someimes feel like I'm Oliver and Sam's mummy and not Jodie anymore, I really don't mind, and I can't think of anything worse than town on a Saturday night,let alone the hang over that comes with it!!!!! grin

RightbesideYou Sun 28-Sep-08 15:10:50

Lol, thats exactly how I was. I'd be in wonderful Burton every weekend without fail, like you say, now I can think of nothing worse. Much rather snuggle up in front of x factor with a chinese, (meal not man!!)

JODIEhadababy Mon 29-Sep-08 21:06:40

Only been out in Burton once, Lichfield being my town of choice. But I did have a great night and we ended up in... you guessed it... Chicargo Rock grin

LaTourEiffel Mon 29-Sep-08 21:23:00

Hi there - just spotted the thread in active convo's so thought I'd say hello! I'm in Derby and have one DS, aged 21 months - don't really know many other mum's and have no family around, so its been tough but getting easier now. We're currently planning for DC2 (I had a MC a month ago so ready to start ttc fairly soon!) - RBY I'll bookmark you for future reference!!

Missush are you still there or are you otherwise occupied? Good luck either way!

Mermibridg Wed 01-Oct-08 13:23:11

Hello everyone, I'm new to mumsnet and I'm only 5 weeks pregnant with my first but quite terrified! I've lived here (Ashbourne) for 3 years but hardly know anyone (other then my bf) and don't really have any friends up here. I work away a lot (currently on a 3 hour commute each way to Yorkshire every day) and looking for a bit of friendly support!

RightbesideYou.. I'll go check out your site

LaTourEiffel, I had an MC the month before I got pregnant this time so it can happen again straight away and we have our fingers crossed for you!

MMB

LaTourEiffel Wed 01-Oct-08 22:16:58

Thanks MMB and congratulations! You'll get loads from MN, there's loads of good information if you dig through the boards. Not sure I fancy three hour commutes, you're very brave!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now