New Mum looking for groups and meet ups

(13 Posts)
Burtie190000 Fri 06-Jan-17 14:32:55

Im a first time mum to a 6 week old little girl feeling a little isolated at the moment. Im new to mumsnet, live in Littleover Derby and am trying to find groups or get advice on places to go, things to do and information on any meetup groups I can go to...Love to hear from anyone 😁

caitlinandcharlottesmummy Fri 06-Jan-17 19:04:19

Congratulations on your little girl, and I can sympathise with feeling isolated when my two girls were that age. Especially in the winter, when its harder to get out and about in the fresh air etc. It does get easier, believe me. Lots for Tots is a fab starting point for info re what's on, groups etc: www.derby.lotsfortots.co.uk/littleover.html

caitlinandcharlottesmummy Fri 06-Jan-17 21:41:08

This might be good too: www.derby.gov.uk/leisure-and-culture/libraries/cradle-clubs/

caitlinandcharlottesmummy Fri 06-Jan-17 21:49:33

www.derbyquad.co.uk/cine-babies.aspx - The quad cinema in town has daytime screenings where you can take babies under 12 months, and I met some lovely Mums whilst enjoying fresh air and exercise in Darley Park at www.buggybabes.com.

Burtie190000 Sat 07-Jan-17 00:00:49

Thanks so much for all your messages, Its really appreciated. I have signed up for a couple of classes already. smile

Nightpig Sat 07-Jan-17 16:09:38

Hello and Congratulations!
I'm in Littleover too and there's a few groups that are very local. At the Methodist church on Burton rd/ Constable Dr they have a baby signing class, also a Mums and tots group which is very popular, it's on Thursday mornings. At St.Peters Church hall they have a group on Wednesday afternoon. The Baptist church had a toddler group on Tuesday mornings, not sure if it still runs though. My youngest is almost 11 now!

I used to go to the playgroup at St.Peters in town, it was really friendly and I could do errands at the same time.

Hi Hun I'm not too far from you, I found going to the library classes in mickleover was a nice icebreaker with other mums. I also attended a term of tiny talk in and went to a few terms of sensory classes and made a nice little network of mum friends.

Big tip don't be shy in the classes!! Xx

Burtie190000 Sat 07-Jan-17 17:58:13

Thanks for that. Ive signed up for sensory classes and will remember your tip! smile

Burtie190000 Sat 07-Jan-17 18:03:36

Thanks, I will look into the Methodist church as its only up the road for me and St Peters Church sounds good. I have signed up for a couple of classes so rfeally looking forward to getting out!! smile

Nightpig Sat 07-Jan-17 19:45:32

I'm sure you'll meet lots of lovely new mums smile
I forgot to mention the St. Peter's playgroup meets on as Thursday morning.

Beary88 Tue 24-Jan-17 22:51:45

Just to say the Baptist Church in Littleover has a friendly (often lively!) baby and toddler group on Tuesday mornings (called Daniels Den these days). My little one is nearly 1, but we started about 6 weeks when I felt much like you! We also do tiny talk in Mickleover.

DitzyEyt Tue 14-Feb-17 15:15:32

Hi there!
Had my first scan yesterday so it's all feeling very real right now! This is my first child and I just wondered if anyone can recommend any antenatal classes/groups in Derby?

Thank you,
Ditzy

Nightpig Mon 27-Mar-17 14:33:04

The St.Peters toddler group now meets on Mondays.

Ditzyetc,
Congratulations! I think the NCT ante natal groups are popular, never joined myself but I know Mums who did and still meet up years later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now