Group Meet Up! :-D

(103 Posts)
NKOTB Tue 05-Feb-13 14:15:29

Hi all!

Just wanted to point you in the direction of the meet ups section of our talk board.
here

Come and sign up and we can arrange a group meet up soon! grin

SybildeChocolate Sun 24-Mar-13 20:26:21

Yes, sorry! Suspected tonsilltis here so we're off to the GP sad I didn't know about the cafe.

The Quad is better; there's a place to have a coffee and we can feed the ducks after. There's usually something to do inside to keep the little mumsnetters occupied and it's in the city centre so is easy to get to. smile

horseylady Sun 24-Mar-13 20:03:08

I think you've cancelled tomorrow? Just to say the cafe isn't open!! Went last Monday and closed!!!!

MichelleDerby Sun 24-Mar-13 14:15:13

I've never been to the Quad and don't know anything about it. It would be great if there was something for the children to do. My 2 won't sit nicely at a cafe for long! smile

Pami9 Sun 24-Mar-13 08:24:28

I would prefer indoor as well, as my son would be out of control in the park and I will be running around after him, and will not get chance to speak to any one sad

SybildeChocolate Sat 23-Mar-13 23:23:01

smile

motherofvikings Sat 23-Mar-13 22:30:06

Aargh! I'm away from home so can't update/ see the group meet ups bit on my phone. Could someone put a message on there to say we'll rearrange Mondays meet up. I won't have a pc again till Sunday night thanks! smile

SybildeChocolate Sat 23-Mar-13 22:16:48

Oh holiday! envy I'll have a chat with the people on the Quad and see if they can lay on some activities to keep the little mumsnetters busy whilst we eat cake. It's usually no problem for me to get into Derby. Shame we can't all go to Ikea for meatballs.

TheCapLady Sat 23-Mar-13 21:48:14

Oh cake, of course grin.

We're pretty easy (with better weather) so not available the last week of April. Going on our first holiday in years. Hopefully we can meet before then though, the Quad does sound like a good idea.

SybildeChocolate Sat 23-Mar-13 20:38:07

I hasn't stopped snowing since Thursday here. sad Ds and I are also ill and the last thing I want to do is give the plague to any of you all, it's vile. I'm happy to work around you all. smile

motherofvikings Sat 23-Mar-13 20:26:24

Crumbs! Is the snow bad? We left derby this morning for a weekend away and it was only an inch and v wet slushy stuff.

Lets rearrange it. Shall we try for after Easter holidays?

Any days suit anyone in particular?

Ill put a notice on the group meet up bit too.

toysintheattic Sat 23-Mar-13 20:23:12

Hi got the message about Monday cancellation; in general I'm free Mon/Wed/Fri; won't be around from Wed April 3 to Fri April 5 but am otherwise free. Hope to meet up soon!

SybildeChocolate Sat 23-Mar-13 19:18:56

Indoor with cake wink I'll see if we can hog the Quad for a couple of hours. The easter hols last a couple of weeks so we should have enough time for someone to make a prozac pill large enough to sort Mother Nature out.

TheCapLady Sat 23-Mar-13 19:14:30

I got the message grin Won't be crossing town in this unseasonal weather. Even on a main road, it's quite horrid here and travelling with four has been a nightmare in it.

No idea of other date, though it may be an idea to find an indoor activity that could be done wink.

SybildeChocolate Sat 23-Mar-13 16:37:53

Hopefully all of the lovely people will see this thread. sad I'll send some DM's out later and ask if you all want a different date. wine

MichelleDerby Sat 23-Mar-13 16:19:30

I'll go with the majority, happy to swap to another week if you want or to give it a go. Whatever everyone wants to do.

If we changed the date would we be able to contact everyone so no one turns up anyway?

Or a change of venue to somewhere warmer? Cherry Tree Pub (Toyota roundabout) has good children's play area and cake.

SybildeChocolate Sat 23-Mar-13 13:26:47

grin We could. Ds is coughing like a trooper though so I doubt he'll be fit for school on Monday and it's infectious. I'm painting a black plague sign on my front door as I type. You may have to send me some pictures of the meet up and I'll post them on the facebook page {sobs and stamps feet in the snow}.

MichelleDerby Sat 23-Mar-13 13:12:05

We could build a snowman! grin

SybildeChocolate Sat 23-Mar-13 11:09:44

I think it would be wise to rearrange this. sad I'm not usually a wimp and quite like the snow but... oh my god! I think we'll be the only people there. sad

wine

SybildeChocolate Wed 20-Mar-13 14:25:24

Na, I'll change the meeting. It should be OK. smile It's my fault, I have a lot going on next week and I'm still ill.

MichelleDerby Wed 20-Mar-13 14:22:19

Seems a shame that the person who did most the organising for the meet up can't make it.hmm Could we change the time to make it easier?

SybildeChocolate Wed 20-Mar-13 13:38:47

Depends on whether I can fix my teleport. I may be slightly late (have a meeting in Nottingham at 10am). Sooo sorry. sad

MichelleDerby Wed 20-Mar-13 13:31:10

25th March is Monday. Is that a problem?

SybildeChocolate Wed 20-Mar-13 11:16:50

Monday? Isn't the 25th Tuesday? confused panics

MichelleDerby Wed 20-Mar-13 10:24:28

Hello Toysintheattic! See you on Monday! grin

toysintheattic Wed 20-Mar-13 09:27:41

Hi, would love to come along as well -- will be childless too as mine will be at school. See you on the 25th!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now