meet to arrange

(70 Posts)
Ninjahobbit Sat 01-Sep-12 15:18:09

Hi all,

So going off the 'real life friends - or lack of' Ive decided to arrange a meet for us local to derby who dont have any RL friends grin

open to all, we need to arrange a date suitable for all no mean task at all then a place who can put up with lots of ranting adults and time.

So what are people like for availability.

brew and sits comfortably to see what people put

Ninjahobbit Mon 03-Sep-12 13:44:41

Ok peeps how about this:

Sunday 16th September 2pm at Darley Abbey (meet in big car park by big open field, or anywhere that people will find more suitable)

is that good for all??

puds11 Mon 03-Sep-12 19:02:56

Sounds good! Are we all bringing children?

Ninjahobbit Mon 03-Sep-12 19:27:12

children are optional grin

mine will depend completely on the day on A if I have them or if they are at their dads and B if they want to.

Jinsei Mon 03-Sep-12 20:52:21

I should hopefully be able to make it. smile

Kowalski Mon 03-Sep-12 21:51:25

Count me in! May or may not be bringing children, depends on whether dh is about or working.

How will we recognise each other?

Arion Mon 03-Sep-12 21:58:19

Hi, just seen this thread, can I join in the meet please? I'm Alvaston so Darley Park is good for me. Will need to bring DCs (DD 4 & DS 18 mths). Not been to a meet-up before, I wimped out of the Christmas Lndon one blush

Ninjahobbit Mon 03-Sep-12 22:41:27

hello Arion Im also in alvaston, nice to meet you smile

Good Question Kowalski....maybe we could do a 'gang' style thing and all wear something of one colour? or all wear gloves? We could do what they do on blind dates and all wear a flower of the same colour grin

erm any suitable suggestions are helpful

ldt87 Mon 03-Sep-12 22:44:26

I can't make the 16th as its the husbands birthday. But would like to come next time.

Arion Mon 03-Sep-12 22:56:01

Hi Ninja, nice and local then grin, nice to meet you to!

Colour would be good, I don't own the Mumsnet scarf or haircut! Hopefully we'll be obvious anyway loitering around the car park.

goodmum123 Mon 03-Sep-12 23:21:15

This all sounds great but I'm so sad that I can't make it as its my dads birthday! Typical! Is there going to be another date? Sunday after? Xxx

Littlemissimpatient Tue 04-Sep-12 00:11:28

I can't make it either I'm afraid sad or Sunday after but free any wkend after that

Ninjahobbit Tue 04-Sep-12 08:01:03

Ok I think we will keep the 16th as maybe a pre run and then arrange another one for say the end of sept/start of oct (although I cant do first wkend in oct).

is everyone ok with that? or if 16th is no good for most we can re-arrange completely.

Arion Tue 04-Sep-12 23:27:46

Sounds good, looking forward to it.

puds11 Wed 05-Sep-12 11:03:58

I'm good for the 16th. We could stand next to the garages in the carpark, so we will recognize each other?

Ninjahobbit Wed 05-Sep-12 17:36:27

that sounds good puds smile

are we all wearing one colour? or just going to look for the idiots lurkers near the garages grin

Arion Fri 07-Sep-12 21:25:28

There is just one car park isn't there? I'm thinking of the one just down from the weir and the Abbey pub? Just had a horrible thought that there could be anther car park the other end of the park (town end rather than Darley end)?

Arion Fri 07-Sep-12 21:27:32

Just re-read and seen that its a big car park by big open field, guessing there is a second car park on the town side of the park?

Ninjahobbit Sat 08-Sep-12 10:21:30

eek 2 car parks, this could get confusing confused

I have no idea, I only know of the one with the garages and big field.

maybe we could meet there and head to the other one for those who end up there grin

LizaTarbucksAuntie Sat 08-Sep-12 10:28:03

<signs in>

Am from a little further North around Matlock but might be able to come along if that's ok?

Ninjahobbit Sat 08-Sep-12 15:45:43

of course it is liza anyone is welcome, we just have to all find each other hmm

Arion Sat 08-Sep-12 23:56:37

Ninja, how do you get to the car park, is it near Chester Green, along either city road or north parade? Or do you head through Darley Abbey itself? Just looking at google maps and trying to work this out!

Arion Sat 08-Sep-12 23:58:32

Actually, to add to the fun, I think there's a 3rd car park at the top of the hill off Darley Park road grin

Kowalski Sun 09-Sep-12 11:35:52

I have a feeling I'll end up getting lost! If you come across a strange woman looking confused and muttering to herself that will be me...

Kowalski Sun 09-Sep-12 11:41:11

Or alternatively look out for a grey Audi going round in circles... :-)

Ninjahobbit Sun 09-Sep-12 18:41:49

<makes note to stand in front of grey Audi going round in circles>

Arion hush confused its bad enough with two grin

Also in answer to your question, head for the A6 towards Matlock and then follow the signs down to Darley Abbey, at the bottom there is a car park (hopefully signposted) I might check it all out before sunday to iron out details of car parks and what visual aids there are.

I wont have DCs as they will be at their dads but I wont be able to head to the pub as I will be driving hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now