Moving to Keswick

(4 Posts)
Lotts40 Sat 04-Nov-17 07:07:53

Hello - moving to Keswick in the new year, 3 boys and husband. Super excited and have a good idea of what is on for kids but looking for more local info on sports, clubs, activities, social life (mine not theirs 😉) any tips welcome!

Helloall1 Sat 04-Nov-17 08:07:08

Wonderful news for you! You must be so excited.

I really wanted to move to Keswick originally as I spent so much time there as a child. Unfortunately my husband's commute wouldn't have worked at the time!

No local tips; but welcome!

Lotts40 Sat 04-Nov-17 08:51:08

Thank you ! Excited / anxious!

Namethecat Sat 04-Nov-17 12:15:55

Hi we moved to Cumbria in 2009. First to Cockermouth and then to just outside so probably about 15 miles from Keswick. I don't really have any ideas for children activities but do know that the Theatre by the Lake have just started up a children's activity (think along the lines of a story book reading) also the plays they put on for children are very good. I take it that you have been to Keswick before and know that it is a very touristy town. Very,very busy during the summer and half term holidays etc so general parking is a pain. Just two supermarkets, Co-op and Booths which can be pricey. No hospital as such, you will need to go to Carlisle or Whitehaven . We found you have to be prepared to travel a fair distance for things we would have taken granted before - i.e. large d.i.y. shops, ditto department stores. Once you get used to that I'm sure you will love it especially if you like the great outdoors.Welcome to Cumbria.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now