Primary schools in Kendal and Windermere

(11 Posts)
Helloall1 Mon 22-Sep-14 15:16:25

Hi everyone.

We are due to visit some local primary schools and I wondered if anyone currently has younger children in any Kendal or Windermere schools or if anyone has any positive / negative feedback or advice please?

Also, if there are any meet ups I would love to be involved :-)

Wetoopere Sat 18-Oct-14 21:56:37

How did you get on? I'm not massively up to date since I left my job but I've been around quite a few in the past

Helloall1 Sun 19-Oct-14 11:38:47

Hey! Did you find something else?

We've seen two so far, few more to see. It's such a tough decision. We have been told as it was a low birth rate year people should get their first choices, even if they are outside catchment.

Wetoopere Sun 19-Oct-14 19:12:08

I've just started Uni! Rather a rushed job in the end but was my best chance of getting something new.

Are you looking for next year then?

lovepizza Thu 30-Oct-14 17:49:18

we're at castle park - all good so far....

Helloall1 Fri 31-Oct-14 15:02:59

Hey lovepizza. We haven't booked to see Castle Park as it's a bit further from us.

Did you look at others? X

topsforshort Thu 13-Nov-14 17:07:17

We looked at Stramongate, St Thomas' and Ghyllside. Happy to give my thoughts on them all if still needed (realise its a bit late!) but also know that everyone is completely different and some parents loved ones I didn't!

Helloall1 Thu 13-Nov-14 17:29:10

Hey tops, we have seen Vicarage Park, Ghyllside and St Marks so far, seeing Heron Hill next week.

It's really difficult isn't it! People have such varied thoughts and perceptions it's hard to know what would be the best option.

What are your thoughts so far? We really liked Ghyllside, it seemed friendly, welcoming, good outdoor area plus they introduce Spanish and French.
smile

topsforshort Thu 13-Nov-14 19:18:36

I've put Ghyllside as my first choice. It's not my nearest (st thomas') but I really liked it, really welcoming and children confident without showing off and very kind.to each other. Displays were very.impressive too! Seems to have small village feel but not too insular and good grounds.
Depends where you are and how far it is from home. Haven't heard of St Marks what's it like?
Vicarage park too far for us but heard great things, although again only for the right child. Few people mentioned it's great for more shy children (not.mine!)

Helloall1 Thu 13-Nov-14 19:36:59

Ghyllside is lovely isn't it? Our top choice so far. It's only a short drive there. We went on the open evening session and again when it was open. I thought the reception class might be too crowded, but it worked well.

St Marks is in Natland, it was overly heavy on the religious side and we didn't have a good feeling about it, but that's only our impression. I am sure it suits others well. It's good to visit a good range to get an idea of what is around.

We didn't look at St Thomas or Stramongate purely due to awkwardness to get to via car.

Helloall1 Wed 19-Nov-14 16:55:00

Arrgghhh sooooooooo confused!

confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now