Anyone been to Boxpark yet?

(7 Posts)
LocalEditorCroydon Mon 07-Nov-16 09:28:59

Anyone been to Boxpark yet? Would be good to hear what people think - and especially what the children think of it. Given that we as a family like (and dislike) different things, we might be able to eat out together without any grumbling.

Would be good to hear people's ideas on it - and whether that space it warm enough now that it's cold outside.

LBOCS2 Mon 07-Nov-16 10:06:33

Mr LBOCS went there for lunch with some of his colleagues last week and we're planning a date night there this week. The feedback so far is that it was heaving, very loud (lots of live DJs etc) and 'buzzy'. Oh, and that his chips were the best chips he'd ever tasted which was a good thing too because they were also the most expensive ones he'd ever had!

To be honest I'm not sure that it's really set up for families, but I'm reserving judgement until after I've been down there. We might try it on a weekend lunchtime and see.

LocalEditorCroydon Mon 07-Nov-16 10:41:59

Very interesting. I was assuming that during the day it would be a bit calmer. Not sure if my family and I are cool enough... blush

How much were the very expensive chips?

LBOCS2 Mon 07-Nov-16 10:57:35

I feel a bit like that too.

£4! For a cone of chips!

megs1 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:23:13

We went on Sunday and thought it was great. Yes, it was busy but a nice vibe and buzy atmosphere, the kids (teenagers) really enjoyed it and the crepes were to die for! Personally I think its great to have Boxpark on the doorstep, lots of choice and variety on offer, so something for everyone, the food isn't cheap but you save time and money not having to travel to London for a similar experience. We caught the bus there and the kids used their zip oysters so travelled for free. A once very shabby part of East Croydon now looks cool and inviting. We're fans!

LBOCS2 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:43:27

I agree with you - I think your family might be a better age for it than ours as I've got two under 4 and it might overwhelm them a bit.

Roderickrules Mon 19-Dec-16 22:35:38

Went there this eve, Polar Express on big screen, about 100 deck chairs out for people to view the film.

Had Lebanese, was good/fresh/cheap- £10 for 2 reasonable sized dishes.

Cold in there though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now