Fairfield Halls closing

(4 Posts)
LocalGirl1 Tue 24-Nov-15 11:24:10

I've been reading in the local newspapers about the imminent closure of Fairfield Halls. From what I can gather, the plan is to close the entire complex at some point next year. As the date has not been announced, effectively Fairfield can't take any forward bookings and will wind down in advance of the unspecified official closure date. Meanwhile, there doesn't seem to be a plan for reopening and, whilst it's closed, the staff will have been re-employed elsewhere (hopefully for them) so reopening is going to be a major feat.

I think that over the past couple of years my family has been to the Pantomimes, met Santa, seen Dawn French, Frank Skinner, danced to various live bands, attended family concerts and the £2 films during the summer. Other friends have visited various exhibitions, fairs and even worship events so it seems that it offers entertainment to a range of people across the borough.

I've noticed that there is a petition to try to keep Fairfield open and have the work done on a staggered basis so that the business can remain viable. If you'd like to keep Fairfield Halls open, you might like to sigh it:
www.surveymonkey.com/r/savefairfieldhalls

dingit Tue 24-Nov-15 11:31:59

I think it's being rebuilt, as part of Croydons regeneratation project?

SandersteadMum Tue 08-Dec-15 09:38:21

We were at Fairfield Halls at the weekend. When we came out of the show there were a couple of people handing out leaflets and taking signatures for a petition asking for the refurbishment to take place on a staggered basis so that the venue doesn't have to close down entirely.

It's worth looking out for the people with the petition (they had blue t-shirts on) so that you can sign if Fairfield Halls is important to you.

LocalGirl1 Fri 11-Dec-15 15:59:21

This looks quite definitive - Fairfield to close on June 30th 2016.

www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Fairfield-Halls-given-closing-date-June-30-2016/story-28347635-detail/story.html

It might still be worth signing the petition though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now