Trinity Croydon sixth form for girls

(3 Posts)
mm0714 Wed 23-Sep-15 20:18:25

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows much about Trinity's co-ed sixth form and what it is like specifically for the girls that go there?

Thanks

MuminPurley Thu 24-Sep-15 09:28:44

Most of the girls that I know who have gone have been very happy to have done so. A fresh start, with lots of encouragement to try out the co-curricular, a new centre, and excellent teaching.

chappedhands Wed 16-Dec-15 17:53:12

A good friend of my daughter has just started Trinity Sixth Form. She is very happy. There are as yet very few girls compared to the boys -- I think it is a 1:4 or 1:5 ratio. This is fun in one sense, but a challenge too. The younger boys make obnoxious comments in the halls (due to their immaturity and because they are 'star struck' by girls being around). The 6th Form boys, however, are well behaved. She is getting a fair amount of interest in dating, which she has wisely turned down. She feels that if she gets off to the wrong footing with one boy, then this could have a detrimental effect on her overall reputation within the 6th Form. She is waiting until she knows the boys better.

As far as academics, all is well. She has transferred from Old Palace so I think it is pretty much 'even' as far as standards are concerned. She is a very academic girl and would do well wherever she landed, so I cannot comment on the specifics of how Trinity will impact her performance.

Trinity has an outstanding music reputation, and the girls participate in it but of course to a more limited degree. One problem is there are (I'm broadly guessing) less than 100 girls in a school of 1200 boys. The extra-curricular activities are weighted towards the boys, and they've only had girls for a couple of years now. I think this would be an important issue to investigate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now