Primary schools Sanderstead and Purley

(3 Posts)
Icemi123 Sat 09-Aug-14 14:44:33

We live in Purley Oaks/South Croydon and are house hunting for good Primary catchment areas as we are currently in catchment for Purley Oaks Primary which does not have a great rep. Also we are looking ahead to secondary schools so a primary that feeds to good secondary.
I am leaning towards Sanderstead at the moment as it seems to have a much better choice of good primary schools.
Ridgeway in Sanderstead has great reports and a larger intake so catchment is larger than others but most pupils end up in Riddlesdown by looks of things which I'm not sure about. Gresham also good but tiny catchment.
Our DS has beed baptised catholic so was looking at Margaret Roper in Purley as that feeds to John Fisher. The Hayes also has a good rep but not sure which secondary that feeds to, maybe Woodcote but dont know much about this school. Also Purley is closer to the Sutton Grammars if we choose to go down that route.
My question is if we move to sanderstead to get into the good primaries will this scupper our chances for John Fisher and Grammars as we are too far out? Does anyone have any experience of these schools or any advice as to where else to look?

foresthlcmp Thu 14-Aug-14 10:51:01

Icemi

You will be competing with Catholics from all over for JF (which is in Purley, Croydon) and same for Sutton's grammars.

There are boys from parts of Kent including Beckenham and Bromley who get into JF.

mummytime2 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:54:33

Have you moved yet Icemi?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now