Urgent!!! In Coventry today - Where is good to eat/drink in Coventry City Centre??

(6 Posts)
TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 08-Jun-09 12:10:31

Another mum and myself are travelling up to Coventry to see Take That today. I appreciate this is very late notice but we are looking for a nice cafe bar where we can share a bottle of wine and some good food before heading off to the arena. We are hoping to get to the city for about 3pm-ish.

Extremely late notice but just realised you guys may be able to help after spending hours on google trying to find somewhere

Ivykaty44 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:47:25

Browns is the only place I know that it worth while having a meal, in the city center. Browns is down past the town hall a little way on the way to the Herbert Art gallery

I think one of thoses buffett places, where there is all types of food from pizza to Indian for £7-8 somewhere in Cov - but where I dont know??

Apparently traffic in cov will be bad today...

Ivykaty44 Mon 08-Jun-09 12:50:09

postcode for your sat nav?

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 08-Jun-09 12:52:35

Or try MYO

CV1 1JA

Ask anyone where the Old Fire Station is (that is the location of MYO) - it is oppposite the Transport Museum.

Apparently it does a wide range of different types of food - I haven't been but have heard it is great.

DON'T be tempted to try the Wetherspoons (imo)

Also echo what Ivy says re the traffic. I imagine you will have info re parking at the Ricoh?

TheRealMrsJohnSimm Mon 08-Jun-09 12:58:04

Thanks ladies.

We are taking the train to Coventry so thinking we will take cab to arena (hopping out within walking distance as anticipating awful jams).

onepieceofcremeegg Mon 08-Jun-09 13:06:15

Have a fab time.

<<Waves to MrsJS as the train goes past.>>

I will be shopping at the Ricoh myself later, look out for a woman with a 2 year old in a pink buggy. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now