The Business of Being Born Film/other NCT stuff

(5 Posts)
ernestosmum Mon 15-Sep-08 08:22:37

Hi- hope people don't mind me posting here. I'm currently the 'acting chair' (somehow) of Coventry NCT. We are showing the film, the business of being born, at Warwick Arts Centre on 8th October 7.30pm followed by a panel discussion from managers/ senior health/ maternity professionals from Warwick and Coventry PCTs. The film looks at birth culture in the US and how it could possibly go here (i.e. very high section rates and only 8% women have midwife with them(the rest with obsetrician). If anyone is interested in coming please give us a shout on 07974 209882, tickets are £7.50 - any profits from the showing go to NCT Coventry and Warks and Independent Midwifes Association. website for the film is www.thebusinessofbeingborn.com

If anyone has any other NCT queries, give us a shout as well-we are running 'drop in' informal antenatal classes starting in October. Also are getting a local vbac (vaginal birth after ceasarean) support group together. Rachel x

wendiwoo Mon 06-Oct-08 22:03:38

Hi, I have recently trained as a 'Doula', I am coming to the showing of 'The Business of being born' tommorrow, and am really looking forward to it!
If anyone reading this thread know's of a anyone in the Coventry/Warwickshire area who would like a FREE doula to support them and their partner during their birth, I am looking for one more lady due asap. All I need them to do is complete an evaluation form a couple of weeks after the birth, then I can get my certification! If anyone would like more details I can Email them! Many thanks

llareggub Mon 06-Oct-08 22:07:31

I can't make it on Wednesday but I'd be very interested in our VBAC support group. I'm not in Cov but very close, is that OK?

Wendiwoo, I'm due in April so probably too late for you.

wendiwoo Thu 09-Oct-08 20:49:37

Hi llareggub..sorry April is a bit far off for my accreditation, but I will be a fully fledged doula by then so if you want to consider a doula I would be happy to discuss your needs!

llareggub Thu 09-Oct-08 21:31:37

What sort of things do you do as a doula? I had a c-section last time and would like a VBAC this time. I have to say I don't know much about doulas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now