Moving to Cornwall. I know nothing/no-one!

(9 Posts)
WannabeSurfer Wed 18-Nov-15 13:16:29

Hi all
I am moving to Cornwall in the new year. We will be living just outside Wadebridge.
I know nobody and have no real idea about the area at all! I have a 2 year old and our second child is due in early January.
Can anyone recommend any groups in the surrounding area? Am happy to travel further afield.
I am also keen to make new friends!

Mudpixie Thu 26-Nov-15 17:05:31

Hi
Afraid I can't help with groups in the Wadebridge area but if you ever end exploring a bit further down we're based near Portreath and have a 2year old and a 3 week old smile Always up for a beach walk & hot choc' ... Godd luck with the move, Cornwall is a lovely place to live x

KitKatCustard Sun 29-Nov-15 15:24:03

I've just moved to north Cornwall (near Bude) two weeks ago.
So far so good.... but mighty windy! (The weather, not me!)

RuthieJ73 Mon 30-Nov-15 21:36:51

Hi I am moving to Cornwall after Christmas with my son who is 4. I am a single parent in my early 40s. I'm moving to a village near Penzance and would love to meet up with some mums in the area!

Thanks

Ruth

RuthieJ73 Mon 30-Nov-15 21:38:48

Hi how are you finding the move are you settling in?

KitKatCustard Tue 01-Dec-15 16:12:16

Loving it. It is weird...I have to keep reminding myself that I am not going back "home" but now live here. Bude is lovely and the village we have ended up in is very friendly. We have already been invited to about 6 parties/events in the run up to Christmas. No one seems to mind that we are "incomers".
We've also managed to get tradespeople round to fix most of the stuff that is wrong with the house and they have all been very helpful too.
In the 2.5 weeks we have been here, this is only the second day without rain and it has been blowing a hoolie. But we can see the sea from our window and that is WOW!

RuthieJ73 Tue 01-Dec-15 21:36:54

That's brilliant, it must make all the difference having people being so friendly! I must say after reading quite a lot and talking to people I am worried about not people not being very keen on 'Incomers' so it's good to hear your experience

Yes I was in Cornwall about 3 weeks ago and it rained all the time, but to be fair it's rained a lot here in Leicester too and you don't get the beautiful views and the beach here in the midlands!

KitKatCustard Thu 03-Dec-15 11:34:12

True, Ruthie. (I'm originally from Nottingham)
It is nice that people are friendly - we did wonder before we came here, but all is well. Admittedly, one of the neighbours hasn't said hello yet, but you can find that anywhere. I think an indication that we would like to get involved in the community and aren't at all stand-offish ourselves may help! And there's a fair few other incomers too so pretty diverse.

mabuhay8 Mon 04-Jan-16 23:12:14

hi everyone i am single mum of two my son is 12 and my daughter is 8...i am considering to move to cornwall this summer i don't know anybody in cornwall been there once for summer holiday and we fell inlove with the place...please does anyone help me to choose good school both for primary and secondary please? i would appreciate any informations ...what are the areas to avoid...thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now