Mothers Day

(2 Posts)
thekitchenfairy Thu 20-Mar-14 10:32:25

Lots of restaurants are doing some good deals but all a bit beyond budget. Not really ideal with 2smallish lively kids anyway. I think I would like to go somewhere a bit different, a good old fashioned family day out.

Would st michaels mount, trebah, places like that be really busy and better postponed to another weekend, or worth a look? I know the children will moan getting in the car unless it is to go bowling or to the movies... But once we have got where we are going we will have a great time!

Thebeachismyhappyplace Sun 23-Mar-14 14:14:23

The NT places will be busy but if you are a member they are a great day out. How about heading to Kynance Cove? Lovely walk to a beautiful beach and the cafe there is good.

Or if that is too far west we like Polly Joke on the north coast you can always find a sheltered spot and if the weather comes in go to the Albert in Crantock or the Treguth Inn at Cubert for a sneaky glass of wine! The .bowgie is busy but ok though the food is not to be recommended any more.

Or Trerice Manor is that neck of the woods and the stroll round the apple orchard is always a good one for the kiddies.

My personal fave is Trellisick. Just never tire of it and the second hand bookshop is a great lure for the kids now they are a bit big for the pirate ship climbing frame!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now