Had a 4 D scan today - want to know what we are having???

(14 Posts)
pooter Sat 07-Nov-09 17:50:51

Hello! We went to A4D baby in Martlesham Heath today. The 4D was a bit weird, and i now think im gestating a cross between a pig and a puppy, however, we do know if we are having a boy or a girl now!

We are having a...............Girl! grin
Either would have been great, but theres something about having one of each that is quite satisfying - as if you have the whole motherhood experience. Plus i really like our girl name!

Anyway - as you were smile

Snowtiger Sat 07-Nov-09 18:17:37

Congratulations Pooter - you sound chuffed to bits! I am having a scan in Chelmsford tomorrow to find out what we're having and as we've already got a boy I'd love to have the same result as you for the next one so we have one of each too!! Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

NormaSknockers Sat 07-Nov-09 19:27:22

That's brilliant news - congrats Pooter grin What lovely news! I have to admit there is something quite enjoyable about having one of each wink Can't wait to hear what your little girl will be named!

Hope you're feeling well & not feeling as sick as you had been Xx

pooter Sat 07-Nov-09 20:29:16

well we already know Normas, but we will continue to call her Bobbidy (as named by DS) until she pops out!

Good luck snowtiger (i just typed snottiger - but hastily deleted!!)

sherby Sat 07-Nov-09 20:39:03

OOOO congrats pooter!

Mung Sat 07-Nov-09 20:48:14

Thats great Pooter. Don't you think one of each is just a bit too ... neat? You'll have to have a 3rd to tip the balance a little grinwink
Its great news though and I look forward to B'day to find out her name.

pooter Sat 07-Nov-09 20:53:54

well, never say never Mung although if this little one is as hard work as DS was there is very little chance of another! I dont think i put him down for a year and he has only slept through twice ever! - by the time i will have recovered from DD i will be too old and my eggs will be all mouldy probably!

Snowtiger Sun 08-Nov-09 09:14:18

Thanks Pooter - your freudian slip of the keyboard is frighteningly accurate, we're a coldy bunch in this household at the moment...! Fingers crossed...

Lifeinagoldfishbowl Sun 08-Nov-09 09:32:02

Congrats

Mung Sun 08-Nov-09 18:52:57

How was the scan Snowtiger?
Hope you are cold free soon.

Snowtiger Sun 08-Nov-09 18:56:47

All went well thanks Mung - was a little sad for about ten minutes when we discovered we're having another bouncing boy, but then gave myself a kick up the arse, told myself not to be so silly (as I have friends who've been trying for a baby for years and would give their right arms for one boy let alone two) and am now delighted that I shall have two gorgeous boys. One of each would have been nice, but this way I don't have to redecorate or buy any new clothes or toys for DS2. Hurrah!

Most importantly DS2 was wiggling around, looking very healthy and could even see all 4 chambers of his little beating heart. Amazing!

pooter Sun 08-Nov-09 19:27:09

ah, cool - congratulations snowtiger! Just think you can take them both to footie practice/cubs etc, and not have to dash between ballet/brownies/horseriding etc! (just a bit of old fashioned sexism there. DS can do ballet if he wants - he already chooses sparkly shoes and has asked for a dress for xmas!!)

Mung Mon 09-Nov-09 10:59:02

Glad that the heart is beating and that you have a lovely wriggly baby.

I hope Santa brings your DS what he wants for Christmas Pooter!

Snowtiger Mon 09-Nov-09 14:56:19

Good thinking Pooter, am hoping they'll be best of friends and play for the same football / cricket / rugby team for exactly that reason - should make life nice and easy!

Now the biggest problem we face is finding a name that we both like - we'd agreed on a girl's name but our tastes in boys' names are more than a little different to say the least. DH has, in all seriousness, suggested 'Rocky'. Erm, no, sorry, not for any child of mine!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now