Baby Alfred has arrived!

(9 Posts)
lucyfer2000 Sun 11-Oct-09 21:19:26

Sorry not to check in earlier but been trying to emerge from the swamp if you know what I mean!!

I went in to labour at about midnight on Saturday night but not a lot happened for a while. Midwife came round to the house on Sunday (was supposed to be having a home birth) - but contractions still just kept coming hard and then stalling. This pattern continued until Tuesday morning when I was absoulutely exhausted from not sleeping for three nights and had to face the fact that the labour was not going to progress and that I couldn't keep it up any longer.

I was given an 'urgent' casarean at half past four on the Tuesday (6th) which was absolutely horrendous sad - but then everything was OK again because I took a look a my new beautiful baby boy!!smile. He weighed 8lbs 14oz which suprised everybody and he is just gorgeous.

Came home on Thursday and have been trying to catch up on a bit of sleep ever since!

Hope to see you all soon xxx

MissisBoot Mon 12-Oct-09 08:55:35

Huge congratulations Lucyfer!

And what a fab name - so pleased for you and your newly extended family!

Mung Mon 12-Oct-09 09:44:43

Great news Lucyfer. Have a good rest and let me know when you are ready to venture out. Shame you had to have the C-section, but at least it meant your little man was safe.

Where was he? Your bump was so tiny and neat you would never have believed there to be a big boy in there.

purpleflower Mon 12-Oct-09 10:01:34

Congratulations

Such a lovely name, I hope you get to catch up on some sleep soon x

NormaSknockers Mon 12-Oct-09 11:05:37

Congratulations!

Welcome to the world baby Alfred (such an awesome name)! I hope you're not to sore after your section, sorry you didn't get the birth you had hoped for but glad he's here safely.

Rest lots & take care! grin

Sawyer64 Mon 12-Oct-09 11:54:05

Congrats Lucy and family,and welcome to baby Alfred.

pooter Mon 12-Oct-09 13:03:00

yipee! well done lucyfer! and hello alfred! smile

i hope you have lots of people to look after you because you really need to take it easy after the birth you just had.

love pooter and family xx

JentlyDoesIt Mon 12-Oct-09 20:24:54

Hurrah, well done Lucy and welcome to the extremely cool-named Alfred. Makes me want another although I may have some explaining to DP to do as he's been "seen to"

So sorry you had to endure an emerg cs but it's all worth it now

P.S Lucy, I've added you as a friend on FB

Jen xx

Angiewoo Tue 13-Oct-09 13:47:45

CONGRATULATIONS Lucy, I'm glad baby Alfred has finally arrived safe and sound. Love & hugs to you all xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now