How easy to find temporary mother's help/nanny jobs around clacton

(7 Posts)
PixiNanny Fri 25-Sep-09 21:59:03

I will be coming home from aupairing/nannying in gloucs in November (hopefully) and am wondering how easy it would be to find a temporary (possibly part time) position to go from when I get home sometime in Nov until when I leave for seasonal work sometime in Feb.

Can you recommend any good agencies or know of any good local newspapers with jobs in that my Mum can collect for me? Or anyone who may need a temporary mother's help/nanny wink Thanks! grin

NormaSknockers Sat 26-Sep-09 07:36:35

No agencies spring to mind in Clacton I'm afraid, local papers such as the Clacton Gazette would be a good place to start, Thursday & Friday editions would be the better ones

Sawyer64 Sat 26-Sep-09 09:40:47

Or what about advertising on here and Gumtree,anyone looking for local help would be sure to look on these sites,I'm sure.smile

ByTheSea Sat 26-Sep-09 09:44:49

Ann Barrett has an agency in Colchester and she may know of something in Clacton.

PixiNanny Sat 26-Sep-09 10:32:02

I didn't think there'd be an agency in Clacton, but thought it better to ask! My Mum is currently collecting the Thursday Gazettes for me and works in a newsagents, so can get access to any local rag but we're unsure which ones would have jobs apart from the gazette? (I don't live there at the moment, so she's doing my dirty work for me!)

Don't I have to pay to advertise on here? Or am I okay to advertise on the Nannies/AP board and on this board for free? I'll post an ad as soon as I have a better idea of dates, as at the moment my boss has no idea when she can get a replacement for, but hopefully within six weeks!

I'll check out Ann Barrett!

Thank you for the advice

& in case anyone is looking:
young woman looking for a temp and possibly part-time position from mid/end-Nov to an undefined date in Feb. Preferably mother's help with a toddler/baby to gain more experience with under two's

NormaSknockers Sat 26-Sep-09 10:46:33

Another paper to look at might be the East Anglian Daily Times, think the jobs paper is in the Wednesday one

PixiNanny Sat 26-Sep-09 11:58:00

East Anglian Daily Times? I've never heard of that one! I feel embarrassed, I used to organise the papers at a newsagents and thought myself knowledgeable on the papers blush

I'll ask my Mum to check it over for me thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now